HI Guys,

Finally, after putting it off for so long I've finally indulged myself and got me a wireless trigger. I know some of you read and replied to my previous posts regarding wireless triggers' features and specs. I finally decided and got me the Phottix Odin. It's ETTL and HSS capable. It's actually very simple to use as I just attached what needs to be attached and snapped a few pictures at ETTL no less. Though, admittedly my pictures are far from what SEAN and the other strobists are posting I do somehow feel satisfied with my purchase and am excited to learn. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a focus assist beam.

Anyway here are a few pictures for you guys to critique. I especially need tips on how to position the light from the subject and how to soften the light.

here are a few of my shots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strobe0001.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	215 light was squarely to the left of the picture facing straight up with the "white catchlight" thingy extended.

Name:	strobe0002.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	216 light was about 45 degrees on the left of the picture. Sorry my kid got tired of posing for me so I took it out on his sister's doll.

Name:	strobe0003.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	217 a new volunteer! my kids nanny. same as the doll light was around 45 degrees to the left.

So what do you guys think??? all were set to +/- 0.0 EV.

Thanks for viewing..

James