Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Push Pull Zoom Dust

Re: Push Pull Zoom Dust

Well, I'd say that's a fairly unanimous response--no dust problem. Buy the lens and enjoy it!

Thanks everyone deffinitly doesnt make my decision any easier now, Still decideing which one I want to get but im sure in theend whichever I choose I will enjoy.

thanks

joel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bookhammer
    So I have been debateing between the 400 5.6 and the 100-400.

I'd go with the 100-400 for IS and versatility. IQ is a little better with the 400/5.6, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bookhammer
    With the Push-Pull Zoom mechanism the air has to come in and outfrom inside the lens, with that there would have to be dust. (...) Is there some type of "seal" that helps keep the dust out? If there isnt a seal, it would seem to me that the push pull zoom would be a dustpump of sorts.

The push-pull is a "dust pump of sorts"; any lens that changes length is. The only lenses that are "sealed" against dust are the weathersealed lenses. Of course, a lens that zooms internally (like the 16-35L and 70-200L), also keeps dust out well. For some reason, the EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS seems to be the only lens that is known for collecting dust.