Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Burds

Re: Local Burds

Great pictures... where these handheld?

Quote Originally Posted by luisev

Great pictures... where these handheld?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks, Luise. These were all tripod mounted.

Wow. Incredible. I can onlyaspire to take photos like these. So sharp, beautiful background blur, composition is spot on.

This might sound like a ridiculous question but I'm going to ask it anyways: Hypothetically, if you took the same photos with the same lens and processed them the same way, but used a digital rebel xti instead of the Mark III, how would the image quality differ?

Quote Originally Posted by bongo

This might sound like a ridiculous question but I'm going to ask it anyways: Hypothetically, if you took the same photos with the same lens and processed them the same way, but used a digital rebel xti instead of the Mark III, how would the image quality differ?

Aside for the additional .3x crop factor the XTi offers the IQ wouldn't differ all that much--in fact I'd put money on no one being able to tell the difference viewing on the web. Performance (Specifically AF and high ISO), OTOH, is another story.

Cracking shots. Great detail, great composition. Makes me want to get out and start some birding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dann Thombs

Makes me want to get out and start some birding.

haha Do it!

I should while the branches are still bare and all the little ones are still popping about.

Startlingly sharp and crisp shots, amazing. And the bokeh is gorgeous. I just wish I had that lens and camera. Although you shouldn't have framed them so tightly, but you already mentioned that

Hi! The pics are just great. In fact I am already contemplating on buying one of the following : 18-200; 100-300 ; 75-300;55-250.... and am totally undecided on what to go in for. Your 100-300 pics though are super.

Quote Originally Posted by atulmehta1000
    I am already contemplating on buying one of the following : 18-200; 100-300 ; 75-300;55-250.... and am totally undecided on what to go in for. Your 100-300 pics though are super.

Welcome to the TDP forums!

Just to be clear, those pics are with the 100-400mmf/4.5-5.6L IS, an L-serieszoom lens that offers much better image quality than the100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 (which is a mid-range consumer zoom that was discontinued some time back). The 100-400mm offers much better IQ than any of the 4 lenses you list above. It also costs more than all of the 4 lenses you list combined! If you're looking for excellent IQ in the approximate cost range of the above lenses, consider the 70-200mm f/4L (about the same cost as the EF-S 18-200mm). I'd recommend that over any of the above lenses, assuming you're interested in the telephoto end and have something to cover the wide angle and normal range.