Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding photographer

Re: Wedding photographer

I love the gates too!

Rich

Tried a couple of edits:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/8132.gate2.jpg[/img]

Straightened and cropped for symmetry, selectively reduced the exposure of the background and slightly brightened the couple, removed the specular highlight sitting on the groom's shoulder, and added an edge blur to draw the eyes to the couple.

Hmmmm....what if everything but the arch, gate and couple was blurred (but using John's crop so the wall looks like part of the arch)? Or, and you'd have to go back in time for this, if the bride and groom were separated, maybe at either end of the gate looking at each other? Overall, it sounds like this is what the bride and groom wanted, which is great.....these are just some random thoughts by someone who only shoots weddings when called into service[:P]..........

I think the photograph is trying to do too much. The couple is dwarfed by the gait. On wedding day, I assume it is all about the bride. Take a separate shot of the gate and put it on the back cover of album if you like or on some intro or fill page. There is no detail in the dress. I would do a 1/2 or 3/4 of the bride and groom, and pull her head out from behind the groom, have her stand on her back foot to keep her from looking like she is falling over, and I agree close the jacket, and not sure I would use the flowers in this shot. Too much going on.

Is it me or does he have on mickey mouse ears and a pole in his head. I agree step them away from the gait and leave it blurred or nor blurred in the background.

Sorry but I think you wanted constructive criticism. Missed opportunity for a potentially great shot.

Alan

Well, Paul, look on the bright side. Photographer's opinions are legion! From one end of the Bell curve, to the other.!

As long as the bride and groom are happy, and you were compensated for your efforts, you win!