Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash

Re: Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash

Quote Originally Posted by peety3

Here's one of my favorites:

5D, 24-70/2.8 at 42mm, ISO L (50), shutter-priority at 1/50th, f/5. Flash set to second-curtain, so the action is frozen at the end of the shot and not the beginning.

Love this effect! Really cool picture

Peety3.....really appreciate your cycling shots for other than being an obsessed photographer, I'm an avid biker; I participate in various centuries in MA, NH, ME and I'm participating in my first Pan Mass Challenge in August.

But I digress....I've just rec'd my 580EX ll (40D body) for fill light in photographing Hummingbirds and would like to photograph biking events I'm not particpating in (understand your quandary).

So, if you don't mind, I'd like to con't the cycling discussion off line so I may get some info, tips and an explanation of the 2nd curtain pic.

I can be reached at; bikejanitor@comcast.net

Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W

But I digress....I've just rec'd my 580EX ll (40D body) for fill light in photographing Hummingbirds and would like to photograph biking events I'm not particpating in (understand your quandary).

Previously, I didn't let it be a quandary; I'd take my old Minolta or since then my Rebel XTi along for bike rides. Oddly, it never seems heavy until the battery goes dead.

Here are my two favorite "on-bike" sets:

http://photos.templin.org/gallery/2007ATLms150 (2007 Atlanta MS150):

http://photos.templin.org/gallery/2007PADms150 (2007 PA Dutch MS150):

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Oh, one more favorite, showing my "dashboard" and the gal I used to ride for (very long story...):

(Yes, I'm doing 23.5 miles per hour, accelerating to about 41mph in the next mile going downhill!)

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.