<div>

Got my 50D before reading week, enjoying it! I once was concerned about its noise @ high ISOs and its somewhat large DLA; but so far it does not disappoint at all! Great camera!

Generally speaking I found the camera quite usable @ ISO1600 and below.Below ISO400I would say the image it produces is very very clean.When paired with good optics (like I always do)the detailindeed is mind blowing!

Regarding diffraction limit aperture (DLA), Iactually observeda tiny little image sharpness drop @F11 on some of my lenses; but overall I don't thinkF11 is something that's worthmy effort to particularly avoid. In real life applications I doubt if I'm going toregret to shoot @ F16... I'll see.

The 50D's AF is certainly better than the Rebels, in fact, much much better in terms of accuracy and speed. Very pleased with the AF system overall. However, I don't know how I can use the same AF system on the 5D Mark II as when it goes FF the points are so concentrated into the middle part of the frame... I guess I still prefer the 45-point AF system on my 1V-HS,that works great for FF. So Canon,the 45-point AF isthe proper AF system you should put on the 5D Mark II!(I know that way your 1Ds III won't sell any more. But still, forget about marketing will result in much better products --I know you can't and never will do that. BTW, Nikon put their 51-point AF system on a D300...)

The 50D is a sports camera, love its speed! Just like a sports car, you are not going to race it all time but you're just happy to drive it!

Any feedback welcome! Thanks forreading!

Ben
</div>