Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Favorite Inexpensive Accessory?

I'm glad I posted this ...so many things for me to take a look at! Silly me, I still use the straps that came with my cameras!

Most of my 'favorite' inexpensive accessories are for lighting. #1 would have to be the Justin Clamp (aka Manfrotto 175F), allows me to stick a flash almost anywhere. For anyone who has a GorillaPod Hybrid or SLR-Zoom with the included ballhead, they sell a $4 cold shoe that works in their little quick-release clamp. The Honl system of Speedlite mods are relatively inexpensive (although I have >$100 in total), a velcro strap for attachment (nothing permanent stuck to the flash head), and a range of snoots, gobos, gels, grids, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    I use the Kirk QRC-1 with the black rapid strap and RRS camera plate.
    I also use the Kirk 1" clamp. I prefer it to the RRS B2-FABN for it's smaller size, which makes it easier to hold the camera with the clamp attached. Supports my 1D X + 600/4 II just fine. (Side note: I bought my first Kirk clamp before RRS came out with the B2-FABN, they only had the B2-FAB which has little nubs on the bottom that interfere with the BR lug - that was my one bad experience with RRS customer support, when I asked about the nubs they suggested just mashing the rubber washer down on them or filing them off. I told them what they could do with their own nubs and bought the Kirk clamp.)

Now, that you mentioned your Justin Clamp, John. I use my Manfrotto Super Clamp and Heavy Duty Flex Arm quite a bit. I was hesitant about buying it but now I'm so glad I did!