Hello everyone,

if everything goes right, this winter i will visit Paris.
I already been in France but i went on a long "camping" trip from Florence to all around France except Paris!

Now the question about the lens: my favourite "Trip" lens actually is 18-135 IS STM, choosed for a question of price and preference for the long range instead of the classic 15-85! I'm not a big fan of the "classic" wide angle perspective, i don't like the "dramatism" of that perspective (except in some contest, particular landscapes or reportage photography) and it's just a subjective preference.

But... Paris is Paris, and like the other metropolis it would be cool to capture the essence of that place using a Wide-angle lens, but... how can i shoot something "wide" without obtaining that "dramatic" effect that i don't like?

Here i thought about the Fisheye.

Pro's:
1) The results are quietly often funny, and the mood is in line with a trip experience
2) It is quite WIDE, obviously
3) It is a creative lens, so probably, a funny one!
4) I could use it also with "close" sport shoot

Con's:
1) Well, you capture a "creative" picture, but rarely a great picture! Distortion is strong in this one!
2) Very particular lens

I would like to know if any of you choose a fisheye lens for shooting in a metropolis, and also choose one for a trip!
Mainly to capture a memory instead of using it to make "great" shoots!

ps: for the specifity of the lens i'll probably will go with Samyang 8 f3.5 (on APS-C)

Thanks for replies