Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for indoor photos of homes and offices.

Re: Tips for indoor photos of homes and offices.

so in effect it has the 1.5 crop factor like the Nikon non FX cameras.

Im not familiar with the FX cameras but that is correct. Like I said before thats why I like the 4/3 sensor since zoom has been more of what I use in my photography. Olympus has a 9-14mm I looked at today. And has a really good price. Probably will put that one on my wish list for next year since we just bought 2 new I phones. So theirs no way the wife is going to let me get this lens this year.

I think everyone's pretty much said it all... very important to get a wide angle lens for interior shots. 16-35 is an idea lens, or for crop cameras, 10-22.

As for composition... I have a few thoughts:

I think it's important that your verticals are completely vertical and plumb! Unless you're trying to accentuate a tall space, verticals should be kept vertical in interior photos. It shows that care and thought has been put into the photo.

Also, try and find perspectives of the space that aren't traditional. How often do you see photos taken from one corner of the room and aiming towards the opposite corner? While those are great for showing the overall space, I find that one point perspectives add a distinct classiness to photos, especially if the single point perspective is converging at one of the rules of the thirds points.

Lastly, try and find perspectives from how a person would experience the space. For example, if you're taking a photo of a dining room space, rather than taking an overall view of it, place the camera behind the chair that sits at the head of the table looking directly at the opposite end of the table, and preferably at the direction where you get a glimpse of an adjacent room.

Just some thoughts...

Thanks for the extra tips. I completed the shoot and they were very happy with them. I gave them two different choices of white balances colors. One more accurate and another more colorful I guess you can say. Surprisingly the clients went for the less acurrate white balance colors. So the wife has been wanting the new Apple I phone so were going to buy a one for her and me today with the profits made and have to switich from verizon to at@t. Anyways I also found when I shoot interior on my knees which is about waist level I much prefer the feel of the photos.