Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Interesting 1DX review

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    After seeing those shots of Owls at high ISO and the low BG noise I may not be able to resist very long either
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    Way, Way Under, I may not make it through the end of the week. The "X" is starting to trickle into some of the smaller stores now.
    I have an Auto Race and a Pro Surfing tournament the 2nd weekend of Sept and of course Footbal season is coming up!
    I wouldn't mind having one before that, so that I can get used to it. I will probably sell my 1DMKIV and one of my 7D's to get the 1DX.

Brant, I must admit that I had it in the cart a few times already, I even hit proceed to checkout, before removing it from the cart. I also want to make sure that their are no other hidden problems with it! So far, it's looking very promising for Canon, so lets hope they get through the Olympics unscathed.

Rich
    Resistance is useless!
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

That was definitely a good article (notwithstanding the spelling and grammar). I like the fact that he doesn't try to compare the camera directly with anything else. And he points out modestly that no matter how good the camera is, you still need to have great technique to get the shot. If I hadn't already jumped at the chance to buy the 1DX when it was first released, I would definitely be pulling the trigger now..! But I think that anyone who has the 5D3 should also be very pleased... the only real difference between the two is the frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Ahh, nope.
    Oh.... bugger.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    ... the only real difference between the two is the frame rate.
    There might be one or two other differences, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Joel and Bob are going to be awfully tempted and may buy
    no bet of monetary value was agreed upon or implied by this post, unless you want to give me enough money to buy a 1DX which I will gladly accept.
    "Going to be" ---I AM awfully tempted . Now I just have to find a buyer for my son----Here is the ad:

"23 y/o, thinks he's a man, can sometimes work if he doesn't break a sweat but must be listening to bad music to do so. With instructional patience, he is capable of learning new skills but you must provide food, shelter and lots of mountain dew and other energy drinks---comes with X Box and 7 Games"

Never mind, I couldn't generate enough to buy a kodak 110 much less a 1DX.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    I'm jealous. I'm still holding out on pulling the trigger on a 1DIII.
    I have a really good one (1D MKIII) that I will be selling if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    "Going to be" ---I AM awfully tempted . Now I just have to find a buyer for my son----Here is the ad:

"23 y/o, thinks he's a man, can sometimes work if he doesn't break a sweat but must be listening to bad music to do so. With instructional patience, he is capable of learning new skills but you must provide food, shelter and lots of mountain dew and other energy drinks---comes with X Box and 7 Games"

Never mind, I couldn't generate enough to buy a kodak 110 much less a 1DX.
    LOL!! That is hilarious .... could apply to my son at times too

I may have to tap "Bill Me Later" for this one. Dang-it ... I just now paid off the 500 f/4 that I bought before coming to visit you.

Did all 1-series cameras have the multiple spot focus metering or is it just in the 1dx?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

The 1D MKIII and MKIV have it. (Multi-spot metering)

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    There might be one or two other differences, as well.
    John you are right, of course... there are lots of other differences between the 1DX and the 5D3. I like that comparative list you posted earlier -- thanks for doing that (although it ended up costing me a lot of money ). I think for some people, not all of those differences will matter as much as they did for you and me. If you ignore the slower frame rate, the 5D3 sure delivers a lot of bang for the buck. And I'm guessing it is an awful lot lighter than the 1DX, which can also matter a lot.