<span style="font-size: x-small;"]Hi All -

<span style="font-size: x-small;"]I have two purchases I am debating on that maybe you can help me with ...

#1 - My Induro CT213 tripodw/ CT213 ball has served me well and I in no way regret the purchase but it really is difficult to use for macro shots. I can never get close enough or the angle I want especially when photographing flowers and insects in my garden. That is why I sold my awesome macro slider and just resorted to hand-holding which of course doesn't always produce the sharpest shot. So now I am considering a tripod with a flexible center column. Back when i bought my current set-up, I didn't exactly what my needs would be being a newbie.

Now I am considering the ...

Benro C-297EX Carbon Flexpod EX - $289

<span style="font-size: x-small;"]Benro C-2970F - $354 . It's supposedly an improved C-297EX model but is the improvement really $65?

<span style="font-size: x-small;"]Vanguard Alta Pro 264AT Aluminum Alloy Tripod Legs w/ Multi-Angle Central Column System - $142. Would aluminum produce to much vibration?

I would probably sell my current set-up if the new legs proved to perform as well except for if I went aluminum just for macro work but should I keep my current ballhead?

With the flexpods, does anyone know how long the center column is? I can't find it in the specs. Also, do the feet secure in the ground well enough so there is no chance of tipping over or constant rocking two of the legs off the ground while you are trying to shoot?

I have to get ready for work now so I will be brief on my next debate ...

I am looking for a second (versatile yet SHARP) macro lens with a shorter focal length than my 100mm for occaisional use.

Choices ...

<span style="font-size: x-small;"]Sigma 50mm 2.8 Macro

Tamron 60mm 2.8 Macro

Any suggestions on my current insanity thoughts greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Denise