Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need assistance asap!

I would go for the 17-55. You have the Sigma 85 which is great on a crop body.
    Mark

Another issue is that my Tamron isn't selling though. I've had it listed for weeks and today I listed it again at an even lower price (which I brought down about 3 times). Now it is at $325 but still no inquiries. I would hate to buy the 17-55mm and still have the Tamron sitting here.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    You force me to think logically just as my daughter does at home ...I call her my mother because she is the more sensible one!
    Hihi My girlfriend does that for me. She always needs to calm me down when I get yet another ridiculous idea in my head

Anyway, when you get a physical restrain you don't get to have everything, because it simply doesn't work. That's why I choose my lenses very carefully and logically. I rarely used my macro last year and I needed to cut down weight in the bag so I sold my macro lens. Now that I sold it, I see more and more opportunities where I could really use one. Sellers remorse I guess, because the fact remains that I rarely used it when I had it

When I upgraded from the Tamron to the 17-55 my photos definitely didn't upgrade with me. The IS was very nice to have, but most of my photos didn't need it. So basically you pay a premium price to get a small "upgrade". The 135L would give you an entire different lens, albeit the 85mm and 100mm are quite close in focal range. You haven't considered a fast wide-angle prime?

The only other lens I have comtemplated is the Sigma 30mm which isn't very wide but all I would need or want with having a 17-50mm or 17-55mm.

Don't get me side-tracked, Jan!

Well, I think I have come to a decision, partly made by me with the help here and partly made by the fact that I think I lost out on one anyway.

Since my Tammy isn't selling, I am going to keep it and not get the current 17-55mm that is available. For the amount of times that I need it, it will suffice along with the 50mm 1.8 II (odd little lens btw).
    I messaged the guy that is selling the 135L to see if it was still available for the lowest price he said he'd sell it for and my message was ignored so I think he is now going for the highest offer. Of which, I do not plan on going any higher than $825 and I don't see any others available.

Well, that was fun! Hmmm, now what should I buy instead!?

Preorder a Speedlite 600EX-RT?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Preorder a Speedlite 600EX-RT?
    LOL! I refuse to pay that much for a speedlight especially since I don't even have my existing ones completely figured out half the time! But on the other hand, I am looking VERY CLOSELY at this for my existing speedlights ...

http://www.amazon.com/Phottix-PH8905...=342J8PRM72C5U

The only other lens I have comtemplated is the Sigma 30mm which isn't very wide but all I would need or want with having a 17-50mm or 17-55mm.

Don't get me side-tracked, Jan!
    Sorry about that
    Since my Tammy isn't selling, I am going to keep it and not get the current 17-55mm that is available. For the amount of times that I need it, it will suffice along with the 50mm 1.8 II (odd little lens btw).
    Haha oh good old times... the 50mm 1.8. How do you like it? (I actually have only bad memories of it, I used it about 2 times and the second time it wouldn't come of my brand new camera. Cost me 4 weeks repair on a brand new camera)
    I started "investing" in another hobby: mountainbiking. Easy as well to spend a lot of money in and plenty of upgrades available if you have money burning your hand You could take the camera on a ride and enjoy two hobbies at the same time. Perhaps you could even custom-build a ballhead onto it to take some roling shots Imagine the possibilities...hmmmm(here's where the girlfriend has to step in)

Yeah, me with my still aching back on a mountainbike!

Actually, I was away from my computer for awhile (gandkids were visiting) but I see now that the guy with the 135L said it is still available!

Stay tuned for further updates ..LOL!

The 50mm 1.8? I'm on the fence with this one. It's not bad I guess for not costing much. I have seen others take some really, really nice photos using this lens but so far, I'm not overly impressed with mine! I will give it a few more days and see what I think.

Well, quite the turn of events! I told the guy with the 17-55mm that I wouldn't be buying it because I can't seem to sell my Tamron. Then I got an email from someone wanting to buy the Tammy, so then I emailed the guy with the 17-55mm back immediately telling him I'll take it ...but he sold it. So, do I still sell my Tammy to the guy that wants to buy it and not have a wide angle lens? My widest being my 50mm 1.8!? But also ...

I am once again the proud owner of a 135L!