Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your best MP-E 65 shots

Re: Post your best MP-E 65 shots

OMG! The shots that can be obtained with with lens is as cool as it gets IMO!!! I just checked out more on flickr! It would surely be at the top of my list if I knew I could use it with any skill! Jon & John - All photos above are just awesome!!

Anyone know if the ringlite would fit ok on this lens?? Also, are the photos better IQ wiseand sharpnessmore easily obtained with this lens or with the 100mm Macro IS & extension tubes?

Denise

yes, that

Haha congratz John! Soon you can make your own review site [:P] It looks very cool though, I've been thinking about this lens myself quite a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Anyone know if the ringlite would fit ok on this lens??

It has an 58mm filter thread, so I guess it fits. I've also used the ringflash on the 18-55 of my girlfriend...it works []

Also, are the photos better IQ wiseand sharpnessmore easily obtained with this lens or with the 100mm Macro IS & extension tubes?

That's where I doubt the MP-E. Seeing Bryans ISO charts....I'm not convinced of the sharpness. However it has 5x magnification which is hard to get with extension tubes I think. Also it might give quite some vignetting... I'm not sure, but I think the MP-E would win in the heavy magnification factors like 3-5x. Perhaps the 100mm with extension rings could beat it until that point. I'm guessing though...

Double post...whoops!

This is going to be a cool thread. I don't have one, but will be watching this one on a regular basis. I love some of the shots you see with this on a couple of other forums. John, I heard it takes some getting use to when trying to shoot bugs, but takes great shots. Have fun with that bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

I'm surprised there aren't more out there who have it.

Well, there's at least one more, now - I picked one up in a too-good-to-pass-up Craigslist deal yesterday afternoon, and only had about 5 minutes to play with it this morning. So, I'm not sure this qualifies as a 'post your best' shot, since in this case it's my first and so far only shot with the lens. It's the stigma of a daylily in a floral arrangement on our dining room table. Shot at 4x magnification (shot is uncropped), lighting was froma handheld LED Maglite.

Ok, I am convinced. Where do I buy one at.

Jon, What kind of tripod set up did you use for these?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

Ok, I am convinced. Where do I buy one at.

Jon, What kind of tripod set up did you use for these?

LOL! I've been looking also! I have not been having much fun with my portrait photography gear since even my two year old granddaughter looks away when I have camera in hand, thinkin' she's being funny!

Looks like a macro rail would be a good thing to have with this lens but many places are out of stock on the one I'm looking at.

Ok, time for me to look over my gear and make some sales!!

Denise

Looks like a macro rail would be a good thing to have with this lens but many places are out of stock on the one I'm looking at.

I just bought a Gitzo GT2541 with the Kit GH2750 Ball head and it has worked great. I was kind of currious from Jon what he might be using. The flexible arm works great with the 180mmL, but I could see the use for some kind of rail using the 65mm.

I don't know if Bryan wants us talking about other forums on this site or anything like that...if so feel free to delete this post.

Anyway, I got some great ideas from this thread on another site.

Great thread, and great pics everyone. I'll try to post others later, but heres a spider I ran into the other day. Still trying to identify it too- anyone have an ID? First shot was at 1x, the secoond was at 4x if I remember right.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/0x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6303._5F00_MG_5F00_3428.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0005._5F00_MG_5F00_3456.jpg[/img]