Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many shots did you take?

Re: How many shots did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

I'll start off, about 15,000 on a XTI. The camera broke before the shutter.

I have tried several EXIF readers and have not found one yet to tell me the shutter count on my XTi or 5D. What are you guys using to read yours?

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

I'll start off, about 15,000 on a XTI. The camera broke before the shutter.

I have tried several EXIF readers and have not found one yet to tell me the shutter count on my XTi or 5D. What are you guys using to read yours?

Mark

I don't I just go by my file names and keep track of how many times they roll over

well i don't know for sure but i would estimate that the most actuations i've ever seen on a DSLR is probably my aunt- she has a nikon d50 and i think she's probably shot well over 5 million pictures by now. . . it's been maybe 5 years since she got it

Quote Originally Posted by photosurfer

well i don't know for sure but i would estimate that the most actuations i've ever seen on a DSLR is probably my aunt- she has a nikon d50 and i think she's probably shot well over 5 million pictures by now. . . it's been maybe 5 years since she got it
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

WOW,thats a lot of shots. Can you verify that with your Aunt? You could use software to count the number of pictures on her camera.

John.

I could ask her, we're not in contact too often though unfortunately. I do know that she has the D50 and has completely filled about 1.5TB worth of hard drives as well as the hard drive of her computer. . .if somone could find out how many MB per file a D50 might output as jpegs one could crunch the numbers, in the mean time i'll try to get in touch with her and see.

Thanks, that would be great to see a more accurate estimate of how many pictures she took.

I just got a D100 to use with the Sigma 400mm f/5.6 Tele Macro I received as a gift from a friend, and the RAW files I took this evening are about 9.5 MB. If your aunt isn't shooting RAW it might be hard to compare. I don't know the resolution of the D50, either, but the D100 is 6.1 MP.

Anyway, if she has the same res, and shoots RAW, and all of her storage is taken up with photos, then she has approximately 210,000 shots, assuming 2TB of total storage (1.5TB outboard and 500GB built-in).

In order to have 5 million shots, she'd have to have a data farm, and it would have about 48TB of capacity!

Even if she "only" has 210,000 shots, over a five year period that is still like 120 shots a day, every day, without a break for half a decade.

132,013 Canon 1D II. My boss has about 300K on his 1D II

I got my 50D on Christmas day 2008, I have taken 19,339 pictures with it.

My old Digital Rebel XT had 36,000 + after about 4 years

My new 5D Mk II has 7,500 + after 6 months

I think I need to get out with the camera more to catch up with the pros.