Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

Re: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

I only just recently got my 50D, so i wont be getting a 60D anytime soon (when it comes out), and even if I could have waited I tihnk the price won't justify it, unless we are pleasently surprised!, but with the price MAYBE being higher, my next camer would be a 5DMKII, not another XX body.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the 50D, just a lot of people can't see the point in upgrading from a 40D to a 50D, but each to their own!

It would push a 50D down in price. That's the most exciting thing about it to me.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

HEY! You're insulting my poor 30D!

(whispers to camera)

"Don't worry little 30, you're 50% better than than silly 20D. Your model number proves it."
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks for making me giggle in my cube after a night a almost zero sleep (combination of being a new father and smoke detector malfunction...it's a long story)

Amongst discussion of 40D vs. 50D improvements...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Usability improvements like "My Menu".

Is My Menu better in the 50D than in the 40D?

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

I don't really remember how the 40D menu looks like, but I'm almost sure 50D's menu is better. 50D's menu is like (I think) the menu on the 1 series bodies = with tabs instead of one long list like (I think) in the 40D.

There is a part of me that says "I gotta have all those cool new features", but the other part of me tells me thatI haven't grown out of my 50D. This and seeing other people winprestigious photography contests with earliermodels ofXXDs and XXXDsmake mepass on getting a new body for some time andfocus on developing my technique and creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by piiooo

There is a part of me that says "I gotta have all those cool new features", but the other part of me tells me thatI haven't grown out of my 50D. This and seeing other people winprestigious photography contests with earliermodels ofXXDs and XXXDsmake mepass on getting a new body for some time andfocus on developing my technique and creativity.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

That is an extremely wise approach... []

The 40D and 50D both have tabbed menus. The 30D and previous x0Ds have a single scrolling menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    "Don't worry little 30, you're 50% better than than silly 20D. Your model number proves it."

Now you're stepping on my toes! =P

But within the next year, I figure that I'll probably take out alot of dollars in student loans for college, so why not add $XX,000 worth of debt and get a gear upgrade as well. 1-series body, and thef/2.8L lens trio

Haha doubt the parentals will approve though.

All seriousness aside though, I'd like my next body to be a 1 series I think. But that's far off. Very, very, far off.

That's the way.[]

And I should remind myself of that more frequently...