Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

Re: Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Doane
    Canon 300mm 2.8 L - $4,100 3 months ago - $4,600 yesterday - $4,340 today

those big lenses seem like pretty hard to be sold at this price level. another example is the 200mm 2.0L. beachcamera has been trying to sell this lens on their ebay store for a while, after the $500 rebate came out, I thought it should be sold pretty soon, because the possible lowest price you can get will be $4504.00 after all the savings(regular price:$5300). but the lens is still on their ebay store by the time I'm writting this post.Adorama delisted this lens from their ebay store after the rebate came out but relisted it few days later at the same price as beachcamera's.

Re: Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    those big lenses seem like pretty hard to be sold at this price level
    Agreed, I'm sure they sell a ton more nifty fifties or 85mm 1.8's but it beats $4,600 which they were charging. The big L lenses aren't for every one thats why I didn't list every lens that dropped in price i was just giving a few examples. I plan on picking one up as a nice Christmas gift to myself soon (well at least I hope). Just trying to inform anyone interested that some of the lenses might have dropped in price after the "10% increase".

Fred~