Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First thoughts on 85 1.2

Re: First thoughts on 85 1.2

I agree your focus on the face is not clear.

Did you use single point focus?

<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Yup single point focus right on his left eye. []

<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Alot of the shots from that day seem to be all pretty much front focused by alot, but while testing it today, I didnt see much of a difference between auto and manual focus, both were pretty much spot on. But I will be testing it more this week on live subjects so we will see what happens.

Thanks

Joel

I will note one thing, I know I have read this before somewhere, but my batteries "die" really quickly, the meter will show them really low, and then say there dead, but I turn it off and back on and Im back in business except for the meter saying that they are low.

The 85 1.2 is a tough lens to use, but I can get some great shot swith it! I read a lot about it before I bought it, and the thing I keep remembering people that owned it saying that it wasn't a lens that you throw on the camera and get amazing results. It takes some getting used to That's true for me. I'm nowhere near used to using it, but it makes me look forward to a point when I can do the lens justice

Have fun!