Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patio Construction

Re: Patio Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    July 10 (Amber's birthday
    That's funny, mine is the 5th and wife's is the 15th, she'll be thirty and I'll be.......................

...older [].

BTW-Cool video, I like the shallow depth of field especially. Make's me want to upgrade.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Awesome video, Sean! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it's done! I just finished mine late last fall so this is the first summer of being able to enjoy it & it's made a big difference ...the backyard is sure getting used alot more!!!

BTW - My birthday is the 25th, I'll be well ...still the youngest grandma in town!!

Hey, sure would be nice of you to invite us all over for a party!! []

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811
    BTW-Cool video, I like the shallow depth of field especially. Make's me want to upgrade.

Speaking of that...I filmed all of the above at a shutter speed of 1/60 or 1/80 second (double the frame rate...which is what I've read is optimal). In order to achieve the shallow depth of field at that shutter speed, I had to use the Fader ND Mark II. In my testing, I've found that it does cause some loss of sharpness and does tend to throw autofocus off a bit. However, for video, it's especially well suited. That said, I'll still use it for stills whenever I want shallow DOF in broad daylight--but I'll likely be using a tripod, LiveView, and 10X magnification to manually focus.

Considering it's less than 1/3 the cost of a Singh-Ray Vari-ND, even with its shortcomings I think it was well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Hey, sure would be nice of you to invite us all over for a party!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Come on over if you're in the neighborhood... ;-)