Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the "best" Picture Style?

Re: What's the "best" Picture Style?

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" />

<div>

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" />

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Lindado

Hi Daniel, so opening a picture in another program would be like opening the same picture in DPP and setting the picture style to "neutral"?

No, other programs may look very, very different.
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    But...I thought when Adobe updated to CS5 they were claiming some improvement with CS5 being able to read picture styles from Canon.

No, what they added was camera calibration profiles that attempt to emulate Canon's (as well as Nikon's, etc.), but you still have to select it manually.
    </div>

Re: What's the "best" Picture Style?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Lindado

Hi Daniel, so opening a picture in another program would be like opening the same picture in DPP and setting the picture style to "neutral"?

No, other programs may look very, very different.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Here's what Canon has to say about Neutral and Faithful:

...the Neutral setting matches the default "look" of images from previous Canon EOS cameras without Picture Styles.

The above drove me to make a quick comparison between DPP set to neutral and PS CS4 with default Camera Raw settings: I opened an image in both programs and the output JPG from DPP has more contrast and less saturation, conversely, the output JPG from PS CS4 is more saturated but less contrasty (the image from DPP achieves more contrast by increasing the highlights). Also, PS CS4 applies some sharpening by default.