Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's an article I think.....

Re: Here's an article I think.....

LMAO....thought this might be fodder for thought and some entertainment.....today, 6-21-11 at 1133am EDT.

William; what time continuum are you in?

Neuro; once again I have to do some research to understand your reply.

Hi Bill. Western Australia. Quiet night in the control room, alumina refinary.

Quote Originally Posted by William

Would you therefore interpret this device to be more about depth of field rather than composition and dynamic range?

The time difference between the first and last frame would have to be very short for moving subjects. I wonder how well it would perform in low light situations given this constraint? Also I'd imagine the file size to be rather large. How do you see this playing out?

After doing a little more digging (Google search for "plenoptic camera" as a starting place), it's about simultaneously capturing multiple focal planes in a singe image. Early versions used multiple cameras for that, the planned implementation here is a set of microlenses in between the main lens and the sensor - relying on a high pixel density sensor that is, in effect, subdivided into one mini-sensor for each microlens.