Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L with TCs

Re: Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L with TCs

I actually found a 200mm f/2.8 mark I used at a local camera shop for $600 with the tripod mount on it. What is the going rate for these and does anyone know if they typically come with a tripod mount?

Re: Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L with TCs

Thanks, Dave! The bald eagle was actually shot with the 70-200mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L IS II (he has a broken wing and is in the care of a local science museum).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin

I actually found a 200mm f/2.8 mark I used at a local camera shop for $600 with the tripod mount on it. What is the going rate for these and does anyone know if they typically come with a tripod mount?

Good find! I had a MkII version for a while, bought used form Craigslist, later sold after getting the 70-200mm II.

$600 seems pretty reasonable given the recent lens price increases and given that you bought it from a camera shop. The Mk II sell for $800 new, and on FM they go for ~$600 used. FYI, the only difference between the MkI and the MkII is the hood - attached/extendable on the MkI vs. separate on the MkII - else, I believe the two versions are optically and mechanically the same. AFAIK, the tripod ring was included with the MkI version (at least, it's pictured on the lens image in the Canon Camera Museum), and not included with the MkII version (for which it's an expensive addition - the Canon Tripod Mount Ring A sells for $140).

Enjoy the new lens!

--John