Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 135L Price / Rebate Timing

The problem I had with the policy is that the ability to "hold" a shipment at Fedex store of my choosing was not available. I also don't think I could change the address once it shipped. My only 2 options at the end were to either: a) be home or b) head to the Fedex local office.

The local office is a big difference from Fedex stores. I think there are 4-5 stores in my local area, but only one office. I rented a few lenses the past year and lensrentals.com was very accommodating in shipping to the Fedex store of my choosing. I certainly understand they require a signature.

It appears the smarter approach would have been to ship it to family that I know would be home.

Either way it is over and I don't want to write anymore about shipping problems Thanks to everyone for their help!

B&H Policy "A signature may be required upon delivery (depending on your location and at the discretion of the FedEx delivery driver). Packages cannot be rerouted or picked up from FedEx."

It is curious they do not offer those options. Perhaps they have been burned in the past doing this.

My experience with FedEx = Completely Inflexible. When I order through B&H they 100% use UPS. Maybe it's a regional thing? Also, it seems that the UPS cutoff for required signatures is $1,000 (when dealing with B&H).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    My experience with FedEx = Completely Inflexible. When I order through B&H they 100% use UPS. Maybe it's a regional thing? Also, it seems that the UPS cutoff for required signatures is $1,000 (when dealing with B&H).
    Probably not a regional thing. It is the same here very inflexible and it is a pain if you miss a package. Primarily I use FedEx for documents and they are good at that (10:00 delivery signature required type stuff), and I use UPS for packages. I don't know if it is the same now but years ago you could sign a waiver with fedex and they would leave packages without signature.

Borrowlenses.com uses Fedex and that alone may force me to look elsewhere to rent lenses. I like borrowlenses.com, but I hate the local Fedex facility. It's a Fedex/Kinko's store with only one shipping desk and it's in the middle of the university, so it's rare to walk in there and not be in a long line of people with unpackaged stuff that they need to ship. The last time I was in there I only needed to drop the package and get a receipt. It was all packed and properly labelled. Still, it took 20 minutes just to do that. The local UPS store would have had me on my way in less than a minute.