Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depth of Field

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know I get boring on this.... Magic Lantern, Live view, focus peaking. Works like a charm. Just have to flip between liveview and viewfinder. Also focus peaking is displayed in image review on the new version of Magic Lantern if you would just rather take a pic to check focus. Set your image review to several seconds and you can confirm focus. There are a couple of different settings for focus peaking to display (bright dots around the stuff that is in focus) with colors and % of pixels in focus, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iND View Post
    The culprit IS the 24-70 version I.
    This is my primary wedding lens, but have switched to the 17-40 for groups for this purpose.
    There are just times that (since I have these on separate bodies) that I have to take a wide indoor shot with the 24-70
    I wonder if this would be different with the 24-70 II.
    Don't have any trouble with my 24mm 1.4.

I used to carry the charts but when I was using a 5D with a 50D this got too confusing and I found an app (simpeDOF) that works great.
    I also tried to memorize the charts but they did not stick, or I could not recall them in the heat of the battle.

Why can we not have a DOF (not a preview) but a reading on the screen, as it should fit into an algorithm.

Or how about outside depth of field 'blinkies' like the overexposed setting.
    Good discussion Thanks.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Hmmm
    The thought of f stop bracketing just crossed my mind for large group shots.
    Can't really read precise focus on the preview screen.

Does anyone know if the 20-70 II would be an improvement in this area over the 20-70 I

How is the updated (not red) auto focus points working of everyone indoors?

Thanks