Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures not taken

Quote Originally Posted by steve u View Post
    wouldn't have stayed on the roof if i was driving. My wife's "pet" name for me when i drive is....jerk. Apparantly i'm a little heavy on the break pedal.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    lol!
    I suppose you are only hearing my side of the story, mightn't be my driving, might just be my personality....
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Lucky you, Jan. My first SLR, my beloved Canon AT-1, died hard because I made the same mistake. I was in Germany with the US Army running border patrols. We were stopped in a little village called Tillyschanz that sat right on the Czech border (in '82). I was shooting some activity from the Czech camp across the way when we got a radio call. I set the camera and telephoto lens on top of the jeep (hard top) and sat inside to take the call. We had to move, so I just closed the door and off we went. A little bit down the road one of the local polizei caught up with us and he asked me if I had a camera. I said yes, it was in the back seat. He just shook his head and asked me to come look in his car. There was my badly banged up AT-1 and several pieces of the lens sitting on his back seat. Much to my dismay, I couldn't buy another AT-1 because they had gone out of production. I ended up with an A-1, which I felt was never quite as good.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Quite the story, Jan! Wow, was luck on your side on that day ...for the both of you surviving the hike and the camera surviving the ride!! A great photo? More like a fantastic video for youtube!!
    Thanks... I guess Your story sounds too familiar Denise. I am a very bad gambler. In the summer I usually peak around the corner to see if a nice sunset is coming and if I should grab my bike and go out to take photos. The best sunsets happen when I decided it wasn't "worth it"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    I suppose you are only hearing my side of the story, mightn't be my driving, might just be my personality....
    Let's keep it at that

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Lucky you, Jan. My first SLR, my beloved Canon AT-1, died hard because I made the same mistake. I was in Germany with the US Army running border patrols. We were stopped in a little village called Tillyschanz that sat right on the Czech border (in '82). I was shooting some activity from the Czech camp across the way when we got a radio call. I set the camera and telephoto lens on top of the jeep (hard top) and sat inside to take the call. We had to move, so I just closed the door and off we went. A little bit down the road one of the local polizei caught up with us and he asked me if I had a camera. I said yes, it was in the back seat. He just shook his head and asked me to come look in his car. There was my badly banged up AT-1 and several pieces of the lens sitting on his back seat. Much to my dismay, I couldn't buy another AT-1 because they had gone out of production. I ended up with an A-1, which I felt was never quite as good.
    Wow I knew I was lucky! What a story. I must admit that I did think I was the only one around stupid enough to put it on the roof of a car though