Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much is one photo worth for a news article?

Quote Originally Posted by eldarhau View Post
    Denise,
    I was trying to find the photo, but could not find it on your flikr site. If you have a link to share it would be most appreciated. The title is very good. It gives me that (Jethro Tull) "Too old to rock´n roll, too young to die" association. Make sure they give you credit for both the photo and the title when they publish, it would be good for you.
    Good luck & fingers crossed!
    Thank you! I took the photo down a few short weeks after posting it. It was one of those things you look back at later and think OMG, why did I post that!? It was taken during a moment of frustration and after I calmed down, I just didn't like seeing it all the time in my flickr thread. Even though it is just a head shot silhouette and not even that good, when I look at it, it does make me sad and then I start to worry and get frustrated all over again.

It was raining outside that is why the window looks nasty.

Despair by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Last edited by ddt0725; 02-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Good luck tomorrow Denise!
    Ps: I still think it's a great photo even though it has quite a depressed feeling to it. I understand why you wouldn't want to see it each time you visit Flickr. But that's also why it would do great on an article.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post

I just received another email from CNN and she will be interviewing me Monday late morning!
    Awesome

It was raining outside that is why the window looks nasty.
    Well it is a nasty situation.

But I think the image is great.
    Mark

Thanks for sharing. As they say, a picture tells more than a thousand words. Combined with the title, it is very powerful.

Please make sure to tells us how it goes. I think you have lots of fingers crossed for this one

Eldar

Well, I spoke with the reporter at CNN this morning and I got a better idea of what this is all about. I told her I would let her know by tomorrow morning if I want to do it. I think I will probably end up passing on it.

They want to do a full article which would include a 200 word essay written by me. It would include a full head shot of myself (not a silhouette like above) and the article would include my name and location.

So, no $ for the photo and it looks like no article either.

But it would be exposure, and then potentially a job from somebody. Even if they're just hiring because they're hoping for positive PR by hiring 'the too old to hire woman', it's still income. It can't hurt.

Well, I spoke with the reporter at CNN this morning and I got a better idea of what this is all about. I told her I would let her know by tomorrow morning if I want to do it. I think I will probably end up passing on it.

They want to do a full article which would include a 200 word essay written by me. It would include a full head shot of myself (not a silhouette like above) and the article would include my name and location.

So, no $ for the photo and it looks like no article either.
    Not paid? Just fame?
    Mark

How much is one photo worth for a news article?

Agree with David. Nothing to loose IMO. Plus you get in contact with new people

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Denise

Arnt

Arnt
    Arnt

Really debating this one! I could use 100+ words to promote myself and my skills but ...it could backlash from the other 100+ words. Who is going to want to hire someone that shouted age discrimination from the CNN rooftops!?

And I do apologize now that it has gotten away from the topic of photography! But, if I do change my mind and go for it ...I will be depending on you guys to help me decide on my headshot photo for the article! Sure could use Sean as my photographer for this!

Denise, I haven't had the terms and don't know the situation as you do, but I also think it might be a good thing to show yourself to the business.
    I only know CNN from tv, but a quick look at CNN money makes me believe it's a serious platform for companies and interested people. Not some sort of small regional forum, where I too wouldn't be too happy posting my lifeline plus headshot onto.

As I get the idea that you are invited to a serious platform, I would personally suggest to take the chance and hopefully get something out of it. As for the essay I would think a positive look at your situation would work better than to list all the negatives on being unemployed and having difficulties finding work.

Anyway, I think maybe getting a few hundred bucks for the photo would have been a better choice for you at the moment, but this might just as well turn into something that you will get a lot more out of.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.