Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 135mm anyone? ?

Too many choices, now I'm thinking about saving for this beauty...best ever..some say. 55mm forever.
    http://diglloyd.com/articles/ZeissZ/...us-55f1_4.html
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Those test images were shot on a Nikon D800E, which leaves plenty pixels for cropping. Nonetheless, very impressive IQ and an eye popping price to match.
    Mark - Flickr

Interesting that they are comparing it to MF. Opens the door to the question of is the sensor or the lens the limiting factor for IQ on the current crop of DSLRs. This would imply the lens is, at least at f/1.4 and on a D800E. My guess is that the MF reference is more of a ruse. Anyway, looks like an amazing lens. Photography...always leaving me wanting more.....

The EF 135mm f/2 L has been on my buy list for a couple of years now. However, every time I get the money saved up to buy it, I end up buying something else.

Sigma 35mm f/1.4, Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 II, Canon 5D Mark III...

One thing that keeps me from picking up the 135L is that it doesn't replace anything in my camera bag - and I have no spare room in the bag. If I were to pick up the 135L and take it on a shoot, I'd have to leave something else at home.

Dilemmas, dilemmas...

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    The EF 135mm f/2 L has been on my buy list for a couple of years now. However, every time I get the money saved up to buy it, I end up buying something else.

Sigma 35mm f/1.4, Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 II, Canon 5D Mark III...

One thing that keeps me from picking up the 135L is that it doesn't replace anything in my camera bag - and I have no spare room in the bag. If I were to pick up the 135L and take it on a shoot, I'd have to leave something else at home.

Dilemmas, dilemmas...

:-)
    Sounds like you need a bigger camera bag
    Mark

Steve,

If you want a 50 and want Zeiss rendering pick up the Makro Planar and call it good! I'm a Planar user and really like it, but for most the MP is likely the better choice.

Dave

Don't think I could go that far for a 50, but it all depends on what other releases come our way. There might be a D800E beater just around the corner, well announcement just around the corner.

I'm just about ready to go with the 135mm, I think I would get a lot of use out of that lens. The Zeiss is appealing but I think it is more of a tripod lens and not for shooting on the run.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur