Page 208 of 558 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Well, I didn't have much luck yesterday, fought the the sun and had a great deal of ghosting in almost all of my shots, plus I was having some flash problems. I tried to use the IR triggering on the 580 ex II and 2 430 exII's but really inconsistant flash output if they triggered at all---so it was back to the pocket wizards for me early this am.I also tried out a new feeder prop I made and it worked very well. I was actually able to remove the feeder from the prop and replace it with some flowers and the birds seemed to like it (of course the flowers were charged with sugar water). Here are a couple from this AM.

7D, 500 f4l, tripod, remote trigger, 1 camera mounted flash, 2 stand mounted flashes (one on bird and one on background)

ISO 400, f11, 1/125, everything manual

Thanks for looking and commenting

Bob
    Bob

Bob, I think these are some of your best hb shots yet!! They are SO MUCH BETTER with flowers in the shot!! Truly beautiful!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Bob, I think these are some of your best hb shots yet!! They are SO MUCH BETTER with flowers in the shot!! Truly beautiful!

Denise
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I agree Denise, the flowers just seem to do the trick---you well know that I have been struggling to get flowers in the shot, but I made another pvc contraption yesterday and it really seemed to work for me and the birds this morning (less than an hour of shooting)---and it was cheap. Wow---"Cheap and Functional"; you don't hear those two words used in the same sentence on this forum very often[]

Thanks again for your comments---

Bob
    Bob

Here are a couple shots from my favorite Mexican Restaurant

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4807.DSC_5F00_1557.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5822.DSC_5F00_1595.JPG[/img]

First time for everything ...this is the second time I am posting the first two pics since they seem to have gone bye bye!

The next two are the first time I have ever seen a Black-crowned Night Heron. Too bad I had to heavily crop to really see it! []

Great pictures on these pages, super sharp and well framed.

But now here's one from me. Pelican down at Redland Bay.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3733.Pelican_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Nice work Denise, love the wood duck.

Bob, the HB

I went over to Southwest Illinois last weekend to shoot Herons. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account how skittish they were. Those birds will sit right by the road as cars drive by, but as soon as I get out of my jeep with a tripod, they all take off and land a half mile away. So, my only keeper from the weekend was another humming bird in a tree, slightly silhouetted by the setting sun.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151
    Unfortunately, I didn't take into account how skittish they were. Those birds will sit right by the road as cars drive by, but as soon as I get out of my jeep with a tripod, they all take off and land a half mile away.

Don't get out. Assuming it's safe, park and shoot from inside your car. Then you aren't perceived as a threat, and they'll stay put.

Yeah, that will be my strategy for my next attempt. I figured if I drove around enough that they would come back toward the road after the initial "scare"; however, that was not the case after about 3 hours of killing time.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II