Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Re: Post your best Macro shots

I did another wedding rings shot, this time for a couple whose wedding I shot a few weeks ago. I must admit--I'm loving those Kenko extension tubes.

Nice shot Sean.

Can you tell me what lens you were using.

Also tell me more about the extension tubes, sorry I did not read past posting if you already explained this.

but

What lenses do you find the most useful with the tubes and which tubes do you use the most.

again nice shot.

For this I used the Canon 85mm f/1.8 coupled with a 36mm Kenko extension tube (I would say I find the 36mm tube most useful, and I usually pair it with the 85mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4). I bought the extension tubes used from Ebay, and they work perfectly (they are $180 new, and I think I paid $95 for them). There are cheaper alternatives, but I like the Kenko tubes and they were certainly worth what I paid for them.

Sean, love the shot of the rings. Glad you are getting into this world.

Denise, those are some great flies. I think they are hover flies...correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the compliment on the dew. I have been trying for refractions, but I don't have any flowers in my yard. Have to head to the in-laws for that.

Qwrad, I like that spider shot. Maybe add a little contrast and boost up the exposure a hair and you have a great looking shot.

John, Your 3 year old is finding some cool stuff. I remembered holding on to those when I was a little. Just don't let her start picking up frogs!

I have a couple from a bug I found in the basement the other day. Little irritated that he made his way into the house, but since he passed on, I decided not to squish him and have a mini portrait session. Used a 100mm macro USM, with full set of kenko extension tubes with a 580ex II flash.

Check out these chompers!

Some perspective...

I was walking through the local forest/park, when i saw a nice flower, and didn't even see the bee until after i'd started shooting. It's a not-really-macro-shot from my not-really-macro-lens.

Some of the later shots were better IQ (1/50s was shaking a bit in the wind, and DOF only a few mm), but i like the pose in this one.

7D, efs 15-85, 85mm, f9, 1/50s, ISO1000. CameraJPG, 1/3 scale, crop to 4*3, no noise reduction, enhancing, or anything else.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1140x1487/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2543.IMG_5F00_2268s.JPG[/img]
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Wow! Some really nice shots lately!! Jayson, I don't think a photo of a bug could get any sharper ...nice job!

I spent alot of time in the yard today with my macro lens and kenko extension tubes. For a few shots, I even used the tripod, angle finder c and macro slider. I found out that my photos are sharper of course but it also was a pain in the rear to try and move around with! Also, it sure would be nice if the angle finder c moved toward you insted of just to the side! Wasn't long before I went backto my old way of doing things!

After looking around in the flowers and bushes for bugs ...I found out my bushes are infested with aphids! Ewwww! I also found a few bugs I never saw before.

Could someone please tell me what the heck this is ....

Whatever it is, it sure has beautiful wings! Wierd thing is, I never saw it fly!

A few more shots from today ...

Amazing photos Denise, really excellent stuff! Love the shot of the big colorful green/golden fly and my other favorite is the green guy with the transparent wings, nice pose on that one. And wow that really is a scary and awesome looking insect at the same time in the first two pics, no idea what it is though

Thanks qwRad! I had a busy day macro shooting! I was never much of a bug lady until I took up photography! Now I've found that they can be pretty interesting to watch! I hope that unidentified one isn't anything to worry about ...hopefully he is here to eat the aphids!

Here are a few more from yesterday ...

Wow, Denise, you are getting very good at this macro stuff, Love the comp of the second one.

Bob
    Bob

Today was the first day of real, outdoor macro shooting for me. What fun! These were all taken in a patch of decorative mint that seems to attract all kinds of critters.

I believe the 4th shot captured insects in the act of making more insects....

All shots with a 7D and 100L Macro. Thanks for viewing!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7462.IMG_5F00_6208.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0574.IMG_5F00_6211.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3157.IMG_5F00_6235.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8203.IMG_5F00_6237.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7115.IMG_5F00_6273.jpg[/img]