Page 215 of 558 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

I noticed a family of juvenile Northern Cardinals visiting the feeder today so I got in the blind for an hour or so this evening......this is the female.

1D3

300 2.8L + 1.4TC

580EXII + Better beamer at 1/4 power manual

1/300

f/7.1

ISO 800

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5633.343V5465.jpg[/img]

Joel, Love that Osprey shot and the little cardinal portrait is very nice as well. Have your Hummers flown away yet?

Bob
    Bob

Thanks Bob, the hummers are still here but it seems a few less this week.

I have a bunch of images from the last couple of sessions, I just need to go through and process the good ones.

Well, here are are few from this weekend and this evening, still having a heck of a time with ghosting and shadowing, but I did manage to reduce it by moving the background closer to the subject. I think I am getting the shadowing from the light bouncing off of the back ground. Anyway, here are a few I am willing to share.

Bob

WOW, Bob! You have to be so proud of these photos! They are absolutely stunning!

Second that Bob, sensational.

Some more lorikeets, all that planting tends to create a banquet for these colourful little birds.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4571.Lorikeet_5F00_1a.jpg[/img]

And one more that tried to hide behind a eucalypt.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0358.Lorikeet_5F00_2a.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

@Steve, those are such cool birds, looks like the gardening is really paying off for you. Great shots.

@Denise, Thanks..but actually I am still having a lot of problems with ghosting. Sometimes I do get lucky and capture one where the ghost isn
    Bob

Bob,

you are really producing some nice shots, you

Steve - You are so lucky to be able to look outside every day and see these beautiful flowers and birds! The flowers look so delicate and the birds are so colorful ...it would be like seeing a rainbow every day right outside my window!

@Joel. The cocky was just down the river Torrens near my place, maybe 5 minute walk. There's a flock of about 10-20 there at the moment, coming down to feed on the grass seeds on the ground these days. That shot I was lying on my back taking shots of him with my 70-300L, while he was looking down at me with a 'what you doing?' look on his face, before he took off almost straight at me (thankfully the AF kept up).

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2158.IMG_5F00_7386s600x900.JPG[/img]

I got some nice ones today just sitting amongst them with my 180mm f/2.8 zeiss Sonnar, this one was when they all started screeching (presumably because i was getting too close)

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4403.IMG_5F00_8070rs900x600.JPG[/img]

@steve, love all the lorikeets. We get the same down in adelaide, but i can never get close enough, and/or there's branches in the way of all my shots, so well done on them.

and @bob. pretty much all I can say is wow. I can't see any ghosting there, got an example of ones that have them in? (or are you just being too perfectionist like the rest of us?)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos