Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Re: Post your best Macro shots

John and Denise. Great pics. That MP-65 is incredible--- in the right hands .

Denise, I really like your entire first set on this page. The DOF that you have captured really brings us into this little bugs world!

King, Very strong set as well. I love the contrasts and colors and as well as the creamy backgrounds!

Jayson, I love the colors and low angle perspective of #4 , as well as the sharpness and eye contact in #5!

Neuro, Your 1st and 2nd shots are incredible. All I can say is WOW! I love the color and composition of both of them, and I love the spider web, dew drops, highlights, and especially the reflection of the bush in the water droplet (towards the right side of the frame) in the 2nd image. Great... thanks, now this will be the 2nd lens that you will force my to buy, with the 85mm f/1.2L, being the first. []Then, I suppose I will also need the MT-24EX and a FF camera. [:P]

Rich

John...GRRRRR. I just got the itch out of my head to get that lens and then you hit me with stuff like that. Those are superb!!! Your spider web refraction is down right awesome! Ok, I have to get off this computer before I buy something.

Just trying out some macro thingy with an 85mm, some extension tubes, and a third-party flash. The result:
    <p style="text-align: center;"]
    <p style="text-align: center;"]

The extension tubes were quite a bit a hassle as it was dummy and I had to manually focus by moving forward or backward and really look into the VF hard. I'm not sure if this really how extension tubes work. The really shallow DOF was a challenge but I enjoyed the new experience.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

On a recent walk

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4075.IMG_5F00_8579.JPG[/img]

100mm f/2.8 L IS, f/4, 1/80, ISO200, handheld

It's watching you!

Thanks for looking, alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

That very nice Alex! What kind of flower is that? It looks very colorful and filled with lots of energy.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Beautiful flower shot, Alex!! Very well done!

Here's a few shots from the last couple days ...nothing terribly exciting but at least more flowers have bloomed which also means more insects!

Nice shots, Denise! I might consider cloning out the MR-14EX reflections in the spider's eyes, though.

Another thing to get more consistent output in the MR-14EX would be to use a manual flash. I think maybe the ETTL is pumping out a little much in the last picture. Maybe try a defuser also. They all look really good and spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by AnGelo Chiu

That very nice Alex! What kind of flower is that? It looks very colorful and filled with lots of energy.

Thank you, AnGelo! I wish I knew what it was, but I don't. Plants aren't really my thing.

@Denise, thank you as well!

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8