Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Re: Post your best Macro shots

Also caught this guy in the yard today. The biggest Garder snake I've ever seen at almost 3 feet long. Never tried to bite me but he pooped and pee'd to try and avoid capture. My macro lens has to be my favorite lenses for just about anything I can use it on.

Three shots composited together to get more focus out of the 100mm IS macro, f/16

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ garder snake flickr by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

One shot at f/25 to try and avoid extra computer work.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ large garter snake by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

Cool!

Spent some time in the back yard with some dragons and damsels. I have no idea what there classifications and names are, but hope you enjoy. Damsels were with the 100mm macro USM with a Kenko 1.4x TC. The Dragons were with the 300mm F4 IS, Kenko 1.4x TC and 56mm of Extension tubes. Sorry for the large post.

Threw this in also. With the 300 and the Kenko TC cropped a bit

Snake egg with the new Speckled King snake before he takes his first journey into this world. Used my 40D this time to see if I could get some more depth of field with the 100mm IS lens. f/20

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ snake egg by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

I
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Do you guys get these green Leaf-Pretenders in other countries?

This guy was such a good subject, he barely moved the whole time, except when he fell off the wall and landed on my cactus collection.

All shots 7D, shrunk to 600*900 after cropping. Camera JPGs only, unprocessed besides crop/rotate/shrink. I did get them in RAW this time but not processing anything until i get my new computer...

First shot 70-300L, 104mm, -2/3EV, ISO400, f/7.1, 1/125s, all my Kenko Tubes. Cropped to 2400*1600.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6052.IMG_5F00_6238s.JPG[/img]

Next shot Zeiss Sonnar 180mm Pentacon Six mount, ISO400, 1/13s, f/no idea, all my Kenko EF tubes and Pentacon Six Tubes. Cropped 2000*3000.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0383.IMG_5F00_6264s.JPG[/img]

Next Zeiss Biometar 80mm, ISO800, 1/5s, f/no idea, all EF and P6 tubes. No cropping, only shrunk.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7752.IMG_5F00_6281s.JPG[/img]

Last shot, Zeiss Biometar 80mm P6 Mount, ISO400, 1/4s (damn this guy was well behaved, and out of the wind), f/no idea, 2X Kiev MC Converter, and a bit of extra lighting. No cropping.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5383.IMG_5F00_6290s.JPG[/img]

Actually, I think the photo of me taking these photos is even funnier, me smells another thread idea coming on...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

And why not, one more.

Zeiss Sonnar 180mm, -1EV, ISO400, 1/250s, f/no idea (put possibly f/4 or lower given speed), I think only Kenko Tubes at this stage, first one after he fell on the cacti, no cropping. Love that smooth zeiss background...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7271.IMG_5F00_6248s.JPG[/img]
    Gear Photos

I have been pursuing the hobby of owning snakes and lizards for 31 years. My dad got me started by taking me to Town East Mall in Dallas Texas at age 8 or 9 where back then this pet store was full of every reptile imaginable and I was hooked. My mother allowed me to have just about anything I wanted and I had a lot. In college I had a 10 foot Burmese Python where I raised him from when he was approx 5 feet long. He got to hard to feed as I was actually living in the dorm and they did not allow any pets especially large snakes.

These baby snakes were hatching for what seemed like forever. As they start hatching out of their eggs you can hold them or move them around. I actually had to help by cutting some of the last few eggs open and allowing a nice passage way out of the leathery eggs as they were drying up from the 75watt bulb I was using to keep temps up around 90 degrees.

I took this one into my small studio and took a few pics before it felt the need to bail out of its egg. Its on a black background so no PS work.

I bring to you......"The Bug!".[] Don't ask what kind though.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7802.IMG_5F00_9718_5F00_DxO-reduced.JPG[/img]

MD 50mm f/1.7, f/4, 200/th sec, ISO 1600, 20mmextension tube,handheld.

Cheers,

John.

What camera body was used Fast Glass? Image is pretty clean at 1600.