Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

Ohh, are they bikes.
    At least that orange jacket matches your eyes Jan.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Yikes... that shot is not exactly worthy of your 103 km bike ride, to say the least. I'm jealous you can ride now... our MTB season is still quite far away. On the plus side, our skiing is still excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Ohh, are they bikes.
    At least that orange jacket matches your eyes Jan.
    Oehhh thank you Steve, you're the first who noticed And yep those are bikes. Pretty big bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Yikes... that shot is not exactly worthy of your 103 km bike ride, to say the least. I'm jealous you can ride now... our MTB season is still quite far away. On the plus side, our skiing is still excellent.
    Well winter was 2,5 weeks of heavy frost this year. It's now over 10C during the days already(gray weather), perhaps we'll get a delayed winter, who knows. I ride throughout the entire year, because we hardly have real seasons. I'd like to get some real snow around here though. That would be nice
    To be fair, I would have liked a nice photo, but this was probably just as much fun. Ps: I also found out that I'd rather have a little shorter, but more intensive rides. 50k is more than enough for me By the way mountainbiking is not really a good word for what I do, there's no mountains around. Cross-country cycling is probably more suited. I guess I would be very jealous if I knew where you ride your bike

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    I guess I would be very jealous if I knew where you ride your bike
    Yes we have it pretty good (while the season lasts). This shot is from last summer... a self-portrait with my G12. I had just finished the big climb from the lake below, and was about to embark on a long, screaming singletrack down the other side. Fortunately I was wearing my helmet and body armour, because I took a big spill right in front of group of hikers. The first thing I checked was the bike --- it was fine --- and then my body (not too much blood, so also fine). Can't wait to get back there!

Wow, that looks amazing Jonathan! Thanks for the reply. That type of environment I've seen only once in my life...last years holiday to Norway
    The biggest "mountain" in the area here is about 65m high or so haha But with the mud and all it's still heavy on the legs. Your spot seems truly awesome and I believe you when you say you need bodyprotection and a helmet. Even in our low-land I still managed to park my bike against a tree last weekend so maybe I should consider some more protection than just a helmet as well

Again, really cool shot. During my trip to Norway I have created the idea of bringing my bike with me when I travel, but my girlfriend isn't too snappy on the idea just yet (that's why I'm building a bike for her as well)Mountainbiking in the Netherlands is more about having a constant pace 20-25km/h, with small up and down sections with a lot of turns. Today I found my dad's P&S that he never uses so I might take that with me when I go biking the next time

Ps: do you need a full suspension there or do you use a hardtail? I can't really see it.

My doctor keeps telling me to avoid salt. Oh well.

Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Yes we have it pretty good (while the season lasts). This shot is from last summer... a self-portrait with my G12. I had just finished the big climb from the lake below, and was about to embark on a long, screaming singletrack down the other side. Fortunately I was wearing my helmet and body armour, because I took a big spill right in front of group of hikers. The first thing I checked was the bike --- it was fine --- and then my body (not too much blood, so also fine). Can't wait to get back there!

Wow that's beautiful land to be biking in. Here you would see flat land for miles with a tree here and there. Very jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Ps: do you need a full suspension there or do you use a hardtail? I can't really see it.
    Thanks for the comments --- I am riding a Santa Cruz "Tallboy", with full suspension and 29" wheels. It eats up the roots & rocks so well, it's almost unfair. (Sorry everyone to be talking about mountain biking on a photo forum... it's something I'm just as passionate about).

I had a chance to do some portraits yesterday. Didn't realize the hair light wasn't showing up until I was processing. Oh well. This is my first try at self portraits. Tried to follow the forehead out and down method to reduce my double.

I like the pose, composition, and lighting...but the post processing seems a bit on the heavy side for my taste. Other than that, I'd say "well done!"