Page 27 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

That's a fantastic idea!

Nice shot. Perhaps just a longer lens would work.

A few shots from yesterday:

Nicely done, Dann. Re: longer lens: what lens did you use? The major advantage of a longer lens in macro work is the greater working distance--you can back off more, plus the narrower angle means that you can exclude more background with the same framing/object size in the frame. (See Bryan's review of the Canon macro lenses for examples.)
    George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Sorry, I was referring to the ember pictures. Longer lens would keep you further from harms way. Of course the framing may change a bit and all.

For my pictures, the first few were taken with the Canon 180mm Macro, and the last with the MP-E 65mm. Both lenses are a dream.

That first one is uber duper. I never knew they were so fuzzy. Is that a particular variety of Dragonfly? Is it in fact a dragonfly?

I wanted wide to try to exaggerate the perspective. To really do what I wanted, i think I should have gone with 16mm and framed vertical, and just got in and out fast with continuous shooting and AI servo, or build that contraption with glass and a fan. That'd be neat too.

Dann, the snail (or slug) picture is beast!

I would like to see more of the snail (slug? haha) though. Just an opinion though. I've never shot macro stuff before though so I'm not very knowledgeable about it.

Regardless, they all look amazing! Props to you.

Thanks for the comments.

Re: Colin. It's a damselfly. They have their wings pulled back together rather than out by their sides.

Re: Rodger. I'd have liked to get more of the snail, but I was using the MP-E, so on a crop sensor, anything bigger than 22mm isn't going to fit. I was giong for a different compostion too, since I found the head and leaf more interesting than the shell, which was partially hidden anyway.

Hey Everyone,

Took this picture a few days ago out in the woods. The picture appeared really fuzzy and pixilated on Facebook. Again any suggestions in general would be appretiated. I have my camera set so that it goes from something like f/1 - f/3. I'm still learning :P. Thanks,

Kameron[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.29.27.wildlife/California-Spotted-Owl-2-_2D00_-53.CR2.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by kam007

Hey Everyone,

I have my camera set so that it goes from something like f/1 - f/3. I'm still learning :P.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

What camera and lens do you use? I ask because I don't know a camera and lens that will go to f/1 and I'd like to find one.

George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Wow! Amazing photos everyone. Here's my share.. Hope you like it as much as I liked it.

Red Dragonfly
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com