Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I like the pose, composition, and lighting...but the post processing seems a bit on the heavy side for my taste. Other than that, I'd say "well done!"
    Thank you Sean for you comments. I was hoping to hear from the self portrait master! I did the processing to avoid showing so many of my freckles. I didn't realize I had that many! Must have been out in the sun too much already this year.
    Last edited by Jayson; 05-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.

I thought you had posted a less processed one earlier today, but I was holding off on responding until I could see it on my monitor (phones just don't do pictures justice). Did you take it back down?

Sorry, I did something wrong with my picassa stuff, but here it is. I still have it bumped in clarity but everything else I did is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Sorry, I did something wrong with my picassa stuff, but here it is. I still have it bumped in clarity but everything else I did is gone.
    Wouldn't the clarity accentuate the freckles? I don't have a problem with freckles, but if you were trying to minimize their appearance, I would imagine bumping up the clarity wouldn't help. :-)

I like it, though.

Wouldn't the clarity accentuate the freckles? I don't have a problem with freckles, but if you were trying to minimize their appearance, I would imagine bumping up the clarity wouldn't help. :-)

I like it, though.
    You would think so, but it actually didn't look as bad when I added the clarity. I think it might have brought out the beard and scars a little more. Maybe it was just my blind eyes looking at it though. Thanks for taking a peek. I enjoyed the process and might have to take a couple more in the near future. I don't know about urban rapper, but I might try something fun next time.

I'm looking forward to it!

Alright, I took this one today and couldn't resist digging the old vanity thread out once more.

Canon 5D Mark II
    Canon 28-70mm f/2.8 L
    @ 58mm, f/3.5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100

Lens Test 16x9 by budrowilson, on Flickr

Setup shot:

Lens Test by budrowilson, on Flickr

Alright, I took this one today and couldn't resist digging the old vanity thread out once more.

Canon 5D Mark II
    Canon 28-70mm f/2.8 L
    @ 58mm, f/3.5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100
    "You're So Vain", There is music to go with this LOL

Canon 28-70mm f/2.8 L?? You have the 28 or the 24? If it is the 28, hows the quality? Looks good here..
    Nice shot by the way
    Mark

It's the 28-70mm f/2.8. It's surprisingly good for a lens that was designed 20 years ago. I picked up a 2002 model in pristine condition (that's the year the 24-70 came out). So far, I'm quite pleased with it.

By the way, the local camera club recently conducted a meeting in which they requested that everyone bring in a short photo slideshow (possibly set to music). Very few people in this particular club appreciate portraiture, and the club judges rarely score one of my portraits better than a 7 (out of 10) whenever there's an open contest (and, generally speaking, "7" is just about the lowest score they give). So I thought I'd have a little fun with my photo slideshow--mine was comprised solely of self-portraits set to, you guessed it, "You're So Vain." :-)
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 06-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.

And here I go again...

This Summer, July 4th by budrowilson, on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark II
    28-70mm f/2.8 L
    @ f/8, 1/160 sec, ISO 100
    setup shot