Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirrorless

Going on a family vacation next week, I just ordered the EF-M 18-55 for the trip (I have the 22/2 pancake already). I ordered the Lowepro Dashpoint 30 for the combo thanks to Bryan's review (I have the Dashpoint 20, ideal for the M+22).

I'm also bringing the 1D X, 24-70/2.8 II, 16-35/2.8L II (might be its last use before I swap it for the new 16-35/4L IS), and 70-300L. But...we've got young kids and thus mostly daytime activities, I expect the little EOS M will see a lot of use.

It's a great lens and combination. I hope you enjoy it. I prefer it to the 22 f/2.

The fit in the Dashpoint 30 is tight side to side, especially with a filter attached, but face down works pretty well. Have a great vacation.

After lugging my 6D, 16-35, 24-70, 70-300 and accessories including tripod to Majorca a few weeks back through the airport for a few holiday snaps, I'll be seriously reconsidering my options over the next few months - 6D and full kit great when I have the car, but also following the new flight checks introduced in the UK this week, I'm dreading unpacking my full kit in the airport scanning area :-/

I've been waiting on a "better" option than the 18-55 to go with my 22, like a pancake zoom or a longer reach but given I'm seeing 18-55's for £80 on eBay (used) and £100 on Amazon (new) - it's time to stop waiting... Right, where's my card

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    The fit in the Dashpoint 30 is tight side to side, especially with a filter attached, but face down works pretty well. Have a great vacation.
    Thanks! The fit as a 'mini Toploader' is fine, even with the EW-54 hood mounted in the 'in-use' position.

So now I am member of the "M" club. Bit on the $250 w/ 22 f2.0 special.

Was able to play a little today and suffice to say quite impressed. Focus is fast enough for tourist pics, etc, certainly not a sports camera (Duh). The 22/f2 is a very nice lens.

I played w/ the Tamzooka (you know I had to), the Sigma 50 A (actually pretty easy just to hold the lens and drive lightly w/ the right hand) and the 22mm

Really a ton of imaging quality for what amounts to $120 for the body. Also runs Magic Lantern so I think this is going to be my timelapse camera.

Link to the test pics on flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/
    Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 09-13-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Bumping the thread for the link.

The "M" is a fun camera. There is a vast difference between the M and what would be considered the "Pro" level of the Micro 4/3 market or the Sony from a feature set - BUT when worked within its feature envelop - which for other than sports seems to be pretty large. It has the same sensor as anything other than the 70D or 7DII.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    So now I am member of the "M" club. Bit on the $250 w/ 22 f2.0 special.
    I thought seriously about getting one when saw the latest sale with the 22mm. But hardly have enough time to shot what I have lately.

Pat

Sent via taptalk
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

now that the weather in FL is getting barely civil I will start shooting more on the weekends. I plan to take the M w/ me on my business travels. I have been traversing Northern GA and S.C. the last couple of months and there are some pretty nice rivers, etc that I have had to pass on as taking the "big gear" is simply just too much.

This is soooo small that w/ the 22 and the 40 (with adapter) likely to sit in a bag next to the door and may be with me a big percentage of the time... I hope

First of all I must say I have a small fortune invested in canon lenses, bodies, flashes and triggers for my professional photography.

But for travel I want something less obtrusive.
    So I invested in mirrorless.

On a recent travel to Greece and the Islands I did take my canon gear but brought a mirrorless for walk around.

This was a very nice experience.
    I was no longer a photographer.
    I was a tourist, I was a street photographer, I was stealth.

Now home in post processing I am very pleased.
    I have to look at the data screen to see which shots were with which camera system.

I love the retro look, I love the range finder, I love the no noise.
    I love not sticking out.
    I love not having to choose a lens and concentrate on the composition and the exposure settings.

I did not invest in the Canon M,
    I traveled with a Fuji X100S with a fixed lens.

This will not take the place of my canon system for work, but will be my new walk around.
    I have no plans to get into the Fuji interchangable lens systems.
    With the Canon 5DIII and the Fuji X100S I feel I have two of the best cameras in the world.
    They just are for different assignments.

I have images I would never had been able to take with the Canon.

This has really changed things.

Try it.

I may been kicked off the site for talking Fuji praises, but this is real.
    I have lost all interest in looking at a Leica system after this experience.
    Last edited by iND; 09-14-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iND View Post
    I did not invest in the Canon M,
    I traveled with a Fuji X100S with a fixed lens.

I may been kicked off the site for talking Fuji praises, but this is real.
    I have lost all interest in looking at a Leica system after this experience.
    I've heard good things about the Fuji. Glad to hear it has worked out for you.