Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading from XSI

Reading back from the beginning of this thread I realize that there are as many different outlooks on equipment upgrades as there are people using it. One important item still missing is what the XSi replacement will be used for. Also, which features seem particularly outdated or are simply missing? The XSi is still a quite capable body and of the older Rebels is the one that I see other folks using the most often.

AF and weathersealing were mentioned earlier as reasons to upgrade which would be enough reason for many to upgrade. Were there any other items on the wishlist?

Yes, a better sensor for lower light photography, better noise reduction, improved technology in AF,.....the list could go on and on. Honestly having never used any other camera than my xsi and a point and shoot, I'm not really sure what features I need. I intend on continuing outdoor photography, but I'm not going to limit myself. There's always the family portraits, if I can get my fiance to smile then she gets the occasional picture. Mainly I love grand landscapes, small details, flowing water, the occasional air shows.

Quote Originally Posted by jfindley View Post
    I'm not really sure what features I need.
    This is my point. Perhaps It would be better to work with your equipment until you find out what do you need. As any other tool, a camera isn't good or bad, it's appropriate or not for a certain task and the way it will be used.