Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First real wedding

Re: First real wedding

Madison, looking the images you have here, I am very impressed. I think you can make some money now[] Good luck with future business.

Your right the 17-40 is an f4 lens. I tested one and I think it's more like a f4.5 lens. If you can afford it the 16-35 f2.8 UWA lens is hard to beat. I've never shot with one. Remember too that with a shorter focal length you can get away with a lower shutter speed. 1/160th was agreat way to make sure that the image you took would be sharp but at 35mm you could easily have done it with 1/125 and if you weren't walking backwards could have shot it at 1/90th. That would allow you to shoot at ISO1600...just a tad cleaner.

As for the AI focus. Everytime I tried to use it at one of my son's basketball games it didn't work. I found that AI servo with a fixed focal length worked best for mein low light with moving subjects. Maybe I'll give it another chance the next time I'm shooting a start and stop subject.

Anyway, thanks for owning upto the AI focus mishap.....your're a real man.

Cheers..........

P.S. I left you a challenge in the sRGB vs. Adobe RGB post.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

Had I not wanted it in there I should have repositioned the camera or politely ask the tree to step away for a second.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Well if I see any headlines about walking trees I'll know who to blame

The 16-35mm f/2.8L II is definately a must have for weddings.... right up there with the 24-x and 70-200 f/2.8... (I personally have the 24-70 but I know lotsa guys like the IS and reach on the 24-105)

As for the focus mode mistake.... aren't some of the best pictures made by doing something or other by mistake?

I love the look of that walking down the aisle shot... very nice!

~ Ken