Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 24: Light - Congrats Adrian Mandea!

Re: Assignment 24: It's all about the Light

Dramatic storm

5D mark II, 24 mm, ISO400, F/8, 1/250

Those clouds look MASSIVE.

This is the first (and only) picture I ever sold. The buyer told me I had to name it. Well, since it was my first sale (and hopefully someday not my last) and my middle name is Dawn, I named it ....

"The Beginning of a New Dawn"

Denise----That's cheating[]
    Bob

[A]

OK, Here is mine from a few weeks ago:

Bob

Beautiful shot, Bob!

Yesterday, I dragged my daughter out of bed at 5 a.m. (she normally sleeps until noon) to go down by the lake with her favorite dog so I could get a silhouette of them walking on the beach to submit for this assignment. We got all the way down there but the sunrise was a no show due to the thick clouds Sure glad she loves me as much as she does!!

Was playing around after dreaming this scenario the night before. Wanted to find a high spot between intersecting highways and bridges but Little Rock is so boring and this was the best I could come up with. This friday or sat I should be able to capture the better image downtown. In this scene the light was changing so fast that by the time I swung around a full revolution with my long exposure the beginning and end point light was drastically different. Even after doing this process close to 800 times I still have room to learn. The main goal was to catch light trails from the traffic but I think my 30 sec exposure was to long.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ highway light trails by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

[View:http://www.freelanceshots.com/highway_lights_VR/highway_lights_VR_out.swf:600:600]

Alright more about the light, still can't seem to get enough cars to go down all the roads to get the flow of their lights. Super busy at 6 and 7pm buts thats not the right time for this shot/shots. Six shots this time. I'm done posting after this one.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ downtown Little Rock by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

I was standing and balancing on this guard rail at the bottom which was way up in the air where my tripod was positioned on a 2' x 1.5' concrete block. I almost fell a few times plus it was not where people usually go where I got many surprised looks from drivers plus two police cars. I figured I'd get asked to come down from the highway and explain myself but they let me be.

[View:http://www.freelanceshots.com/Downtown_Highway_VR/downtown_vr_out.swf:600:600]

This is a great topic....and brilliant pictures everyone.

I have some ideas I hope to be able to try out...but for now, here are a few more:

My entry: Canon 7D, EFS 15-85 @ 17 mm, 1/5 sec, f/5, ISO 250

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3302.Walk-IMG_5F00_2645.JPG[/img]

Non-entries:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/4846.Walk-IMG_5F00_2652.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0160.walk-IMG_5F00_2664.JPG[/img]

Here is my entry: Sunrise from Mt Marcy, NY on July 17