Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you think they took this photograph?

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post

So, for me, if he had to paste in a smile over a frown or open eyes over closed eyes; or if he had to dodge and burn some sections of the image, adjust highlights and shadows or contrast and sharpness---even if he did a panoram and stitched them together(which he did)---this is a fantastic shot and warrants applause not scrutiny.

Bob
    Well said Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I found this article on PopPhoto that describes the process of getting the image:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2012/06...ss-six-minutes
    I would bet that Art Streiber was paid more for this one shot than all of my equipment cost combined, and still you could throw in the cost of my pick up truck new. He may have even been paid enough to pay off the mortgage on my house, but in all fairness it is almost paid for. Not bad for 6 minutes of work.

Who said there was no money in being a pro photographer, and all he had to do was set his Hasselblad on P for professional. (I wonder if it has a P setting?)

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    As for the question "was it photo-shopped?"---Does it really matter?

So, for me, if he had to paste in a smile over a frown or open eyes over closed eyes; or if he had to dodge and burn some sections of the image, adjust highlights and shadows or contrast and sharpness---even if he did a panoram and stitched them together(which he did)---this is a fantastic shot and warrants applause not scrutiny.
    My only question, for my own sanity and intrigue, was whether he'd stitched it in several sections. The answer is yes, as I suspected.

It's obvious with that many people that some face-swapping needed to be done, but that's why you set up on a tripod and have your lighting exactly the same for each shot.