Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teleconverters

These are some shots I took this past summer using a Kenko 2x ...

This first two are with the Sigma 50-150mm

IMG_2036_WM by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Sigma 50-150mm with Kenko 2x TC by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

The next two were with using the 135mmL ...

Canon 135mmL and Kenko 2x TC by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Another heatwave ...another waterlogged puppy by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

I don't take sharp hb photos anyway so I can't blame that on the TC! My photos only get posted to the web and I pretty much never get any of them printed so I think a 2x produces pretty good detail for that anyway.

So, I ordered a used Kenko 2x tonight. It only gets me 300mm but every little bit will help!

Re: Teleconverters

I was shooting HB with my 100mmL macro and got decent results without making the birds too upset. Well.. They pooped everywhere, but that goes with the territory. I think your kenkos will do fine.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

I found my 70-300L would AF at 600mm f11 (using the Kenko) with the 6D if I enabled all AF points and let the camera decide which to use. I was able to grab pics of varied contrasts pretty quickly and accurately. I don't think the images were any softer than those you'd get by manual focusing with 10x zoom live view, but I haven't put that to the test yet.
    Mark - Flickr