Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with Long exposure problem

Re: Help with Long exposure problem

I'm Suprasonic. The picture shown is using Time Value and set to 30 seconds wiht F22.... if i can remember because i took this shot first few week of getting 1D MKII

Hi for my images i am not refering to that airplane or the cable on the bridge. if you look closely you can see a flare circle thing.. actually not sure what it is. Sorry cant post 100% crop as the image is too big and i dont really have a place to post it besides here.

Thanks for the imput

I would recommend to TV mode set to 30sec F22 using tripond and remote switch.

1st shot i would recommend F15 and above if it didin't focus lock use full mannual. same with 2nd shot

On the second sample I can barely see two faint circles (flares) above and slightly to the left of the horizontal line (cable).

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.39/flare.jpg[/img]

OK, try this: while keeping the same filter on the lens, take two identical exposures using the same settings as above, where you have the same or similar kind of source of light(s) somewhere in front of the camera, but before you take the second exposure, remove your UV filter and definitely put a lens hood on. Compare the two, and tell us if the flare is still there on the second image.
    Good luck.

P.S. If you want to maintain sharpness, don't go higher than f/10.