Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon's rebate on the 580EXII bums me out!

Re: Canon's rebate on the 580EXII bums me out!

David took the words out of my mouth, every new version also comes with a new price.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    But on the other side, if you couldlet me know when and where you are going to shoot next that would be great. Iwouldn't mind finding a 580ex on tree stump. [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Nice Rick.

All I can say is that it takes a lot of prayer for me to get through each day where the Lord definitely has his hands full with me. Someone would probably get lucky more often then not if they followed me around especially when they saw me with my camera gear. I just need really big pockets or a super sized fanny pack and I will never have to set anything down. I made a utility belt but with 2 lens cases attached and another for accessories its just to bulky and it gets in the way of my arms. Back to the drawing board.

Got an email today stating that the flash has shipped out from buydig.com. That is a pretty quick turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    All I can say is that it takes a lot of prayer for me to get through each day where the Lord definitely has his hands full with me.

I feel you.

I just need really big pockets or a super sized fanny pack and I will never have to set anything down. I made a utility belt but with 2 lens cases attached and another for accessories its just to bulky and it gets in the way of my arms. Back to the drawing board.

I know there are several good options with bags/cases, but I tend to use the Lowepro. Have you looked into any of their belt/vest combinations as a possibility? The new "Deluxe Technical Belt" may interest you. I like my Slingshot 300 AW, but the slingshots tend to be a like it or hate it deal. I think a lot of that has to do with how you adjust them. I like the Slingshot 300 AW because it will hold a gripped body with a 70-200 IS attached and has room for other lenses and flashes. I also like the larger belt on it. I have mine adjusted so that I carry the bulk of the weight at my waist rather than on one shoulder.

Got an email today stating that the flash has shipped out from buydig.com. That is a pretty quick turnaround.

Yes, you may have it as soon as this weekend. I got my 70-300 L in two days. I am taking it to the fair this afternoon to try it out.

Maybe one way to get the most savings would be to shop at Best Buy (sounds contradictory doesn

Quote Originally Posted by acmojica
    Maybe one way to get the most savings would be to shop at Best Buy (sounds contradictory doesn't it?) if you're a Reward Zone member? I'm part of their Reward Zone membership, and once a month I get coupons that get me 10% off electronics. I just received my coupons, and they are good from August 10 - August 15.

good idea, plus you can buy best buy gift cards from plasticjungle for 5% off.(not always available)

Quote Originally Posted by acmojica
    and you can potentially get the 580 EXII for $400

sells Tax will be about another $35, not easy to save some bucks, isn't it?[]

Come on now...$435 is still better than the $450 most other retailers are offering :P And you don

Yea the best buy store could have been an option. Thanks for pointing that out. I am a rewards zone member but I don

The flash arrived this morning at 8:30 am. Basically 2 day delivery for free. I