Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice from a Pro...

Maybe I'm stupid, but I couldn't follow lesson 1. I was intrigued when she said "just take that little dial at the top of the camera and turn it to the letter P". I was keen to put this into practice so I grabbed my 1D Mark IV but couldn't find any dial with a "P". Does this mean my camera isn't a Professional model?

Andy...are you sure it is a DSLR...it has to be a DSLR to be professional.

Missy MWAC has promised to release here 6th installment tomorrow.
    She also says on Face Book that she has already had 100,000 you tube hits.

I would say she has turned in to a very successful Pro Photographer.

Andy, I'd send your camera back to Canon. That must have been from a bad batch.

I read all the comments before watching the video, and I thought that the "P for Professional" was just one quote from the lesson, but it was actually the whole point of the entire lesson.
    Missy is such a much better name for a pro photographer, sounds a lot more professional than, say, Art, Ansell, Andreas, Edward, Alfred. Good thing my first name starts with an R.
    Tip #1: To be a professional photographer, your first name must start with a middle-alphabet consonant, not an alphabetically-early vowel.

But what about Star Filters? Every Pro uses star filters. Maybe that's coming in a future lesson.

Andy, I think your camera's broken. Try this one:

Iit's got a 'P', so it must be better than that crap you've got at the moment. Look at it, yours doesn't even have a flash! What kind of cheapo did you buy that doesn't come with a flash, or a dial with a 'P'?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

I tried. I mean I REALLY tried. But after her explanation about that "blurry" thing, I had to punch out.

I may have to get some duct tape and re-enact that famous Clockwork Orange scene 😳 to make it thru the next three segments.

I must be getting really desperate for a laugh these days because after awhile and after getting past the wanting to give her a few knuckles across the net ...I started to find her annoyance funny!

#6 is out. Not quit good as the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzgizsP87yQ

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    #6 is out. Not quit good as the others.
    I guess there's a limit to the amount of helpful advice even the Pros can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett View Post
    I guess there's a limit to the amount of helpful advice even the Pros can offer.
    Too funny..........

Very, very disappointing! I did not laugh once during episode 6 ...what a letdown! Puppy knuckles across the net!?

She shot to fame and now she is already a has-been! I guess that is what happens when you try to take a shortcut! Tsk-tsk!!