Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 500mm F/4L II vs 600mm F/4L II

Drool.

+1 on the drool.

Awesome Test? Shots!! Congrats on the new lens. Some people talk like me, and others do like you!

Rich

Thanks everyone --- I'm thinking that this lens is a keeper

It was definitely a stroke of luck finding the bighorn sheep yesterday. This morning I went looking for bears, but had no luck... those guys are a bit more elusive.

One other small change that I like, compared to the version I of the lens: The mode switches are all flush with the lens surface, so they are harder to move accidentally. When I was carrying the version I lens with a Black Rapid strap, the switches would often move since the lens was resting against my body. I had to check their position every time. That doesn't happen with the new lens.

Nice test subject with the ram. Just don't tell us this was taken from the backyard!

Good to hear that the lenses are making it out to people. Means there's hope for the rest of us yet.

Wow - those pics are spectacular! You must've been stoked to get such great shots on your first use. I would love to get into wildlife photography but unfortunately the wildlife here is a bit drab (seriously, kangaroos aren't as exciting as you might think).

Great stuff Jonathan, can't wait to see the next set.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Wow - those pics are spectacular! You must've been stoked to get such great shots on your first use. I would love to get into wildlife photography but unfortunately the wildlife here is a bit drab (seriously, kangaroos aren't as exciting as you might think).
    I would like to go where I could take pictures of wild kangaroos, I wouldn't care how drab they were. Bighorn sheep is not that bad either and much closer, but it would still be a 10 hour drive. I guess things are always more interesting somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    [...] I guess things are always more interesting somewhere else.
    If I had a lawn, I would build a fence right in the middle of it so that I always have the greener grass within reach :-)
    Arnt

Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    [...] I guess things are always more interesting somewhere else.
    If I had a lawn, I would build a fence right in the middle of it so that I always have the greener grass within reach :-)
    Arnt
    oh then somebody's 500mm lens must be better than mine...lol...

I think you are right...

John.
    Amateurs worry about gear, pros about the pay, masters about the light, and I just take pictures!