Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requesting Website assistance and critique

Re: Requesting Website assistance and critique

I just checked out your site again Bob and I love the changes you have made! I am very impressed!! I was wonderomg, how much do you pay a year going thru them and do they keep a percentage of your sales $?

IMO, your prices seem extremely low. For photos as beautiful as yours, I think you could make alot more off each print.

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

I just checked out your website after all your changes over the weekend. I really like it. Nice job.[img]/emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img]

Thanks Brant, and [B], I like the way you think.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I just checked out your site again Bob and I love the changes you have made! I am very impressed!! I was wonderomg, how much do you pay a year going thru them and do they keep a percentage of your sales $?

IMO, your prices seem extremely low. For photos as beautiful as yours, I think you could make alot more off each print.

Denise

Thanks Denise--and I really appreciate all of the suggestions that you and the rest made to help me out. As far as the price--I pay $ 100 per year for thier premium service with all the bells and whistles plus 6 bucks for my domain name from Go Daddy.com. As far as the pricing on my photos go---I just started out with a straight 5% markup up from the printers (Mpix), But my wife justconvinced me to bump it up, so It is now at 20% above the cost of printing, framing and shipping. Honestly, this is a labor of love, so I don't really think much about the pricing---I would be thrilled if someone actually wanted to buyone. I am so envious (and Proud)of you right now with that great shot that you just sold [].

As far as the rest of my web page, I just completed some more of the recommended changes and I just discovered how to change the package theme to suit my own needs---ie fonts, colors etc. I also managed to title all of the photos and fix a few that had problems. Perhaps this week I will work on key words for each photo.

One thing I have learned----When you upload photos to these kind of sites, take the time to title, keyword, format and set parameters of each photo----because it is really a pain to do it after the fact, when you have many photos to do.

Also,You can limit the size of the print offered for each photo---so keep in mind which photos would not look good in large prints. For example, some of my photos were shot with my 400D (10 MP)body and some are a little too soft for large prints, so Now I have to go through and limit the size of print available for each photo. These are all things I should have thought about in the beginning.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Bob
    Bob

Hey Bob,

I don't know if this is your final version or if you even need feedback anymore.

I like your site. I had seen it before, but I still have some doubts about it.

The recources tab...what is it for? It's nice that you share your knoledge and sites where you find all your help, but you made it a very important part of your site. It's great if it's a friend only site, but if you're willing to get your photography to the next level. I would have left the recource tab out, or implement it somewhere less important.

I would also like to add another tab..."about" - The way it is shown now, doesn't have my personal preference. If you would have put it in it's own tab and perhaps with a nice photo of you, people would get more compassiona and get to know you better. I'm reading the about part now since I'm looking technicaly at your site. However if I was just going to see your photos I wouldn't even have noticed the "about" part.

For the people that have sincere interest in you and your work it's good to have a special about and contact session where they can get this info from.

The text about all photos are for sale, could be better placed where the about section now is. Or perhaps with the about part in a specific tab.

One last thing: the photo on the frontpage seems to be click-able, but it actually isn't.

I hope I'm not messing up your ideas here, I was looking technically and looking for critique.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Hey Bob,

I don't know if this is your final version or if you even need feedback anymore.

I like your site. I had seen it before, but I still have some doubts about it.

The recources tab...what is it for? It's nice that you share your knoledge and sites where you find all your help, but you made it a very important part of your site. It's great if it's a friend only site, but if you're willing to get your photography to the next level. I would have left the recource tab out, or implement it somewhere less important.

I would also like to add another tab..."about" - The way it is shown now, doesn't have my personal preference. If you would have put it in it's own tab and perhaps with a nice photo of you, people would get more compassiona and get to know you better. I'm reading the about part now since I'm looking technicaly at your site. However if I was just going to see your photos I wouldn't even have noticed the "about" part.

For the people that have sincere interest in you and your work it's good to have a special about and contact session where they can get this info from.

The text about all photos are for sale, could be better placed where the about section now is. Or perhaps with the about part in a specific tab.

One last thing: the photo on the frontpage seems to be click-able, but it actually isn't.

I hope I'm not messing up your ideas here, I was looking technically and looking for critique.

Jan
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Jan,

Great Feedback and I concur with all of your comments--Some for different reasons, but I just didn't like all of the text on the opening page. There is some technical difficulty with implementing some free form HTML pages, But I have discovered a pseudo-workaround. I'll be making some more changes tonight and I will let you know and ask you to take a second look (If you don't) mind. As always, Thanks for the insightful feedback.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams
    Thanks Denise--and I really appreciate all of the suggestions that you and the rest made to help me out. As far as the price--I pay $ 100 per year for thier premium service with all the bells and whistles plus 6 bucks for my domain name from Go Daddy.com. As far as the pricing on my photos go---I just started out with a straight 5% markup up from the printers (Mpix), But my wife justconvinced me to bump it up, so It is now at 20% above the cost of printing, framing and shipping. Honestly, this is a labor of love, so I don't really think much about the pricing---I would be thrilled if someone actually wanted to buyone. I am so envious (and Proud)of you right now with that great shot that you just sold

Bob, 20% mark up?...man your working cheap. But you know if someone wanted one of my pictures to hang on the wall, and they were willing to pay justthe printing cost I would be thrilled.

Also I found some of your photo's new names entertaining, good work.

One problem I encountered. I have a 30" monitor here at work. I open your site and its fine full size and everything. I click on the gallery and look at pics, click on one and look at it. Then...I did the back button on ie to back up to your home page. At that point your home page does this weird thing where it resizes itself to about 1/3 of its normal size. I tried this twice and both times it did it. Not sure whats going on there but thought I would pass it along.

Can you do sales through this site?

Quote Originally Posted by iND

Can you do sales through this site?

Absolutely; and you can choose from several venders and products----Including digital/commercial licensing.

Bob
    Bob

OK folks, After a couple of weeks and many hours in front of this @#$$%%^^&amp;^&amp;* computer, most or all of the modifications suggested by you have been applied. So take a look and tell me what you think now, Please []

http://rwilliamsimaging.com/

What I did:

1. Put a "Buy" page in there to show commercial intent ( this was one of those workarounds that had to be done to make a "text page")

2.Putin an "About" Page with Photo and removed this section from the home page

3. Cleaned up a bunch of text, menus, etc.

4. Put Titles on the photos---This is tougher than it sounds--well, doing it was easy, thinking up titles was tough

5. Cleaned up the home page and matched fonts, colors etc

6. Eliminated a bunch of confusing garbage and unneccessary options.

8. Completed modified the pre-formated theme

9. Reformatted my slideshow pics to fit the slideshow frame

10, Added a frames to the photos

11. Added a few photos

12. Added key words to many photos---still a work in progress

13. Fixed the search problem

Did a bunch more stuff that I can't remember right now---Its an age thing-

So, please take another look and tell me whta you think---If you have additional suggestions for improve---I am all ears.

Thanks to all of you, I think the website looks much much better---We can call it a "team" project---Thanks

Bob

Bob

Sorry for the re-post, I doubled thumbed the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

OK folks, After a couple of weeks and many hours in front of this @#$%%^^&amp;^&amp;* computer, most or all of the modifications suggested by you have been applied. So take a look and tell me what you think now, Please [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

[url="http://rwilliamsimaging.com/]http://rwilliamsimaging.com/[/url]

What I did:

1. Put a "Buy" page in there to show commercial intent ( this was one of those workarounds that had to be done to make a "text page")

2.Putin an "About" Page with Photo and removed this section from the home page

3. Cleaned up a bunch of text, menus, etc.

4. Put Titles on the photos---This is tougher than it sounds--well, doing it was easy, thinking up titles was tough

5. Cleaned up the home page and matched fonts, colors etc

6. Eliminated a bunch of confusing garbage and unneccessary options.

8. Completed modified the pre-formated theme

9. Reformatted my slideshow pics to fit the slideshow frame

10, Added a frames to the photos

11. Added a few photos

12. Added key words to many photos---still a work in progress

13. Fixed the search problem

Did a bunch more stuff that I can't remember right now---Its an age thing-

So, please take another look and tell me whta you think---If you have additional suggestions for improve---I am all ears.

Thanks to all of you, I think the website looks much much better---We can call it a "team" project---Thanks

Bob

Bob