Out of the box it is a brick and very intimidating. All that huge glass makes you very aware. You do need to be very careful with rear element and due to its size and form it is a little awkward to attach. The clip on hood is different and is a little distracting when i rotates.

After a little Micro Adjustment (just +2) I was ready to go.

This lens is quickly on it's way to being my favorite lens. The focus is not as slow as I expected. If it has to go from minimum to max or vise versa it takes time but if it is the vicinity it will lock in pretty quick. In servo attached to my 5dII, it tracked seemingly as well as any lens I have. I have yet to take it off 1.2 and I haven't had a problem with the shallow DOF. I think my time with 1.4 lenses has helped me with that.

The manual focus ring is definitely funky, you have to holed the shutter halfway to engage it.

Couple shots of the dog. All I had a chance to shoot yet.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_5212sm.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_5248sm.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_5256sm.jpg[/img]

A little gross, I know.