Evening all,

I've just sold a couple of guitar amplifiers so I'm going to spend the cash on a new lens... and I can't decide.

To give you a bit of a background on my situation I live in outback Australia, so the conditions can be rather harsh and dusty. As I've found with my 28-135mm f/3.5 -5.6 IS USM whichhas gathered some dust on the inner lens element (otherwise I've been quite happy with this lens). I love to shoot dramatic landscapes but I also enjoy shooting rodeos, rugby union and general walkaround type stuff. I think I'm close to reaching the limit of my current gear so an upgrade is in order.

At the moment my kit includes a 40D, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, 50mm f/1.8,kenko extension tubes for macro stuff (I highly rate them by the way), 430 EXII flash etc etc.

So at the moment in my list of possibles and probables are:

EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM (clearly for the landscape side of things)

24-70mm f/2.8 L USM

24-105mm f/4 L IS USM

70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM

I really appreciate having IS on the 28-135 but it's not a must. If I got the 10-22 I guess I'd use it mostly for landscape work and use the 28-135mm I already have for the rest. However, I've always wanted a 70-200 fast lens so I'm rather torn.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Ben.