Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we doing the right thing?

Ha...I was amazed no one picked up on your last post to this thread.....

But, come on, if you want to do the nikon fanboy thing, at least talk about how DXO has rated the Sonikon sensor at 110 (thousand) out of 100

Just so you know, you are wrong, haven't a clue and Minolta is going to make a huge come back and take over the dSLR market....true story, I heard it from camera salesman at Camera's R Us who talked to a Canon Rep in Laos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Ha...I was amazed no one picked up on your last post to this thread.....
    It really has gotten slow here.....

Don't forget to that somewhere in the world Nikon outsold Canon. Also Canon made less than a billion dollars last quarter and may be in bankruptcy someday.
    Also they keep releasing lenses I do not want, and if I do not want them others may not either. I have no use for the new 24-70mm f/4 or the 35mm f/2.
    What were they thinking?
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 01-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    ....What were they thinking?
    I KNOW!!!

And the copy to copy variability lensrentals found with 24-70 f/2.8 II is horrendous, the fact that it doesn't have IS is unforgiveable and they can't deliver anything on time since the earthquake (wait, that much is true )

I have switched to Nikon 5 times....since lunch......
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.

thats the line I can't go any farther and bad mouth my new 24-70 f/2.8 II. Sure there are some issues with QC but....it is an awesome lens....
    I am convinced, I am not switching.....

I just can't believe what I was thinking about giving up over a few mp.

you guys have been spending too much time on the other side
    or not enough, because you have not mentioned Dxo Score or Dynamic Range yet
    Arnt

Ok...good place to draw the line....

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I just can't believe what I was thinking about giving up over a few mp.
    I was actually hoping that Daniel would post more photos showing what it is capable of. As I would be swaping out my EFS lenses anyways, I'd probably take a quick look at the D800 if I were to go FF.

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    you guys have been spending too much time on the other side
    or not enough, because you have not mentioned Dxo Score or Dynamic Range yet
    Maybe
    ....but it does show how quickly the posts can add up if you just post conjecture, opinion, etc.....

Granted, I don't want to pick on any one site...maybe a few threads within one site...but I do look at a couple of sites and learn things from each one....but, TDP is by far my favorite.

@cls Your English is very good ...

Hi everyone,
    I also did a Google search, '60D review', Im new to the-digital-picture but not to photography,Im just relearning everything all over again ...
    I got lost in Reviews, Tools, News, Galleries, Community, Site Index and could not find my way back to your forums easily, if I hadent previously bookmarked it, I would still be looking.
    Im not sure why the forums are slow, but it isnt the time of year ...

My posts and replies have been less recently because of personal things going on. This time of year probably promotes more of those "things" than any other.

I still get a kick out of every +1 or great shot that is directed my way and any indepth CC is always appreciated and on this site I know is aways meant with the best intentions.
    You get what you are prepared to put in and I think any encouragement offered to contributors new or old is the fastest way of increasing contributions and therefore the exposure of this site.
    However I do shake my head at some people that make their first post a "For sale" post, but that's probably just me. I contribute to one other site, where the comments are a lot more incisive, but my contributions are very low there, but I'm working on it. But this is my favourite and the site that I will try harder to encourage more contributors.

The friendly, good natured banter between Rick and Brant is always a good laugh, but I think they should both stop pretending that they aren't Nikon spies trying to get us all to embrace the dark side.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

This was the first photography forum I joined after getting my first DSLR. I'm sharing and talking less, and shooting more. Been a good year for me.

But I came back. Have a feeling I always will. Love this site.
    Last edited by Rocco; 01-08-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Fat Fingers
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers