Quote Originally Posted by 40Doodle

Yep that fact hit me when I reading that article over at the Lens Rental site where he talked about currency differences.

Rick
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
<div>Here is a quote from the article regarding the Dollar vs. the Yen. It doesn't seem like the strongest argument in the world to me but admittedly I'm no expert in international money markets!</div>

"The Dollar versus the Yen

The party line for most of the price increases has been that the buying power of the dollar has weakened significantly against the yen. This is true, the dollar dropped from 110 yen in August, 2008 to 90 yen in January, 2009. On the other hand, the dollar has rebounded to 100 yen by March, 2009. When you consider that most multinational companies hedge currency pretty effectively the change doesn&rsquo;t seem enough to justify the price increases, but I&rsquo;m sure it does contribute to them to some degree. Or at least justifies them to some degree. The Euro has had a slightly greater loss against the yen than the dollar and European prices seem to have increased more than U. S. prices, so maybe there is something to it. But Japanese prices have increased too, so maybe not all that much."