Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About to purchase XSI

Re: About to purchase XSI

Oops... I was talking first about the 50mm f/1.4.... The quotes seemed to have disappeared..too short I mean.

If cost is a key factor, consider refurbished. The XSi is a fine unit in terms of image quality for the money, but the 20D/30D/40D/50D series step you up into a relatively bad ass sports camera for not too much more. I still get a kick out of my obsolete and 'slow' 5 frames per second on my 30d.

Hey, does anybody know anything about those Casio cameras that claim 40 frames per second? For $600 or so, I'm guessing that the optics are nothing to smile about, but it sounds pretty cool for getting pictures of explodiding things ...

Finally decided on the XSI with the kit lens. The price is in my budget, the entire package on Dell is for a total of $604.03, which includes tax and shipping.

Do you think that is a good price??

Yes, it's a great price. Good research on your part.

That does seem like a good price. Amazon has been bumping the price from $640 to $680 for the XSi kit for the last couple of weeks, so it looks like you were able to get pretty good savings at Dell. I bought my XSi for $830 (after a $70 coupon) at Circuit City shortly after it came out, so you got quite a deal by waiting 9 months!